Sales Support Administrator (Bid / FM Business Development team)
As Sales Support Administrator within our Defence and Government Services segment, you'll support the day to day functioning of the business development team, ensuring that systems and processes are adhered to, output is presented professionally and consistently and that all project activities are completed fully within the set criteria and deadlines.
To be successful in this role, you'll have proven experience providing exceptional administration support. You'll be driven, dynamic, highly organisation with great initiative and attention to detail, and are able to flex, and adapt to, at times, conflicting priorities.
An excellent time to join the world's leading facilities services provider; high performers with high potential will benefit from opportunities to further develop.
Sodexo has been providing services that improve the Quality of Life for Army, Royal Navy and Royal Air Force personnel and their families for over 30 years. As a key partner to the Ministry of Defence, we deliver infrastructure, facilities management and catering, retail and leisure services at military bases across the UK, in Cyprus and the Falkland Islands. We are dedicated to best quality as well as cost-efficiency in the delivery of our services to the armed forces community. We’re proud that our work has a significant bearing on morale, retention and recruitment.
We also operate in both Central and Local Government, and associated Agencies, our wealth of experience means we are able to transfer best practices from the corporate sector to create better working environments in the public sector through our Government Services segment.
Working closely with the Business Development Director, Sales Programme Manager and Business Development Managers, you'll ensure the smooth running of the department by:
- Maintaining standard systems and processes, enabling the business development team to function consistently and effectively
- Coordinating and managing a repository of information that will support bid opportunities
- Maintaining competitor and market intelligence
- Formatting and producing hard copy documentation consistently and professionally in a variety of formats – MS visio, word, powerpoint, ensuring they are filed and easily recoverable for circulation / printing as and when needed
- Creating graphics and presentations to support internal and external submissions
- Acting as point of contact with clients for onward distribution to the team
- Working closely with Bid Writers to source, archive and improve current bid material which sometimes requires liaison to collate information for inclusion in submission documents with internal subject matter experts and/or function heads
*please see attached job description for further details
The Ideal Candidate
- Proven administration support experience, ideally within business development / sales function
- Advanced knowledge in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Power Point, Visio and design packages)
- High degree of co-ordination, organisation and administration
- Confident and effective communicator
- Good written skills and grammar
- Attention to detail, quality driven approach
- Able to work individually or part of the wider sales team
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Not afraid to 'pick up the phone' or generally reach out to the wider business to seek out information
- The desire to learn a basic level of understanding of Sodexo software - for example, CRM and SoProject.
- Conversant in Microsoft Project
- Technical ability in all subject areas
- General industry knowledge
Competitive salary of up to £25,000 plus benefits including pension and option to 'buy' additional flexible benefits such as holidays, healthcare etc
We also offer Sodexo Discounts site promoting discounted mobile phone tariffs, savings across restaurant chains and days out, where you and your family can save money on everything from your weekly food shop to the latest cinema blockbuster
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to further engage ex-forces personnel and reservists. Those applying for roles with us who meet the essential criteria advertised under the ‘ideal candidate’ on the vacancy advertised are guaranteed to progress within the selection process.