We are currently recruiting for a Safety Executive to join our team. This is a regional role which would ideally suit someone based in North London as the geographic area covered by the role is: Central/ North London, Essex and Suffolk.
The purpose of the Health and Safety role is to monitor, advise and guide upon compliance against Sodexos health and safety and food safety policies and procedures as necessary, either through routine programmed auditing, following incidents and accidents or other reactive issues. This role would suit either an environmental health graduate with some H&S experience or someone from local authority however all applicants that have the skills below will be reviewed. This is a really varied role, no two days are the same, you will work across all our segments and experience a wide variety of work from completing planned H&S audits, managing reactive work and supporting site investigations to managing supply change audits and assisting with mobilisations.
- Audit Sodexos operational activities against legislative requirements and Company health and safety and/or food safety policies and procedures within a defined geographical area to establish non-compliance.
- Strategically review accidents and incidents to establish cause for the purpose of reducing accidents and incidents.
- Undertake assessment of risk (AoR) audits / mobilisation support to mitigate health and safety / food safety risks that Sodexo faces during new contract openings.
- Produce documented action plans for operators, which if followed would mitigate health and safety risks.
- Review, revise and recommend changes to Company health and safety / food safety policies or procedures to keep the organisation legally compliant.
- Undertake supply chain assurance audits of those businesses supplying Sodexo with goods and/or services to identify non-compliances and reduce risk exposure to Sodexo.
- Present and deliver training sessions to inform and instruct delegates on the requirements of health and safety / food safety to drive safety improvements.
- Apply and adopt a flexible approach in supporting the Safegard Management Team.
The Ideal Candidate
- Knowledge of food hygiene and health and safety legislation, with the ability to apply that knowledge to Sodexos business activities.
- Interpersonal skills combined with high accuracy during audit and investigation work and feedback processes, whether written or verbal.
- Ability to demonstrate effective communication skills in particular presentation of technical or non-technical information (e.g. to Sodexo operational teams or colleagues within Service Operations).
- Proficient in IT applications such as MS Outlook, MS Excel and MS Word.
- Full UK driving licence and fully mobile to travel extensively to the Sodexo (and client) premises within their patch, and beyond as required.
- Qualified to degree level in Food Safety, Health and Safety or Environmental Health (or related subject).
- Member of relevant professional body, for example Chartered Institute of Environmental Health (CIEH), Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH), etc
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over 1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
Sodexo and our clients are committed tosafeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roleswill require applicants toundergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS)and/ or Disclosure Scotland.