SEMI SKILLED ENGINEER
We are currently looking for an experienced Semi Skilled Engineer
- Member of engineering team delivering minor mechanical and electrical planned and reactive maintenance.
- Role is a40 hours per weekcontract with majority of working hours between Monday and Friday with possible weekend overtime.
- Operate within the Site Permit and SSOW procedures.
- Mobile engineer to go between Bristol, Reading and London sites
- Company van provided, mobile phone and company laptop
- Performing mainly LV works and other basic fabric maintenance tasks
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with the Multi skilled engineer to assist delivery of M&E planned and reactive tasks in line with Safe System of Work (SSOW) on site.
- Provide assistance or carry out planned maintenance to a variety of mechanical and ventilation equipment as per detail and requirement.
- Provide assistance or carry out repairs to mechanical equipment, pipework, pumps, valves and associated mechanical systems as per requirement.
- Carry out minor installation work on pipework, pumps, valves and associated mechanical systems as per drawings and requirements of the business.
- Responsible for self and others to maintain a safe working environment as per the Health and Safety at Work Act (1974) and subsequent UK and EU amendments.
- Carry out water flushing, chlorine testing, temperature checks and recording of results in water hygiene log book in line with L8 requirements.
- Carry out tap and shower chlorinations as per site requirement.
- Carry out tank and sump pump drain downs as necessary.
- Preparation of equipment as required for insurance purposes.
- Recording and documentation of all necessary information.
- Completion of documentation as required, including purchase requisitions and delivery notes.
- Undertake Health and Safety, Technical, Toolbox Talk and other training as required.
- Retain excellent housekeeping and working practices.
- Ensure areas and plant rooms under Sodexo control are kept clean, tidy and any issues reported.
Complete and submit PPM and Reactive task paperwork accurately and timeously.
- Have a proactive approach to task completion and team effort.
- Be polite and courteous to colleagues.
- Communicate with both colleagues and client any delays to works.
- Portray at all times a professional image to our client..
About the Company
Sodexo andour clients are committed tosafeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young persons and vulnerable adults. Certain roleswill require applicants toundergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS)and/ or Disclosure Scotland (Scotland).
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors.
With an annual turnover of over 1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.