Revenue and Yield Manager
We have an exciting new opportunity to join the Sodexo Sports & Leisure business as a Revenue Manager, looking after Bateaux, our restaurant cruise on the Thames and in Windsor. This role will be responsible for planning, organising and optimising all activities of revenue management for the business, driving profitability and optimising all revenue streams. We are looking for a commercial, analytic professional who can join this fantastic business to help drive our future growth plans, utilising data to drive our commercial strategy.
As a global business we offer unrivalled opportunities for development. Our heritage is built on catering and hospitality experience and fuelled by our passion for exceptional food and service. For over 40 years we have been providing bespoke catering and hospitality services for sports stadia, racecourses, visitor, attractions, historic venues, major events and premium airline lounges. Recognised across the globe for hospitality, we help create exceptional moments at extraordinary events such as Royal Ascot, Tour de France, The Open Championship and RHS Chelsea Flower Show.
For more information on the company see Careers in Sports and Leisure
This role will involve analysing booking patterns and market trends whilst monitoring competitor performance to enable effective yield management and forecasting of revenue performance. Liaising with the operations departments you will update on bookings and drive occupancy through management of the business, maximizing average rates. You will be responsible for accurate forecasting, trend analysis and sales strategies so that product availability and prices are maximized at all times. We are heading into an exciting time with the business and this role is key to optimising occupancy and profits. Therefore we require a motivated, commercially focussed individual who can support this business growth.
Activities will include:-
- Supporting and monitoring the reservations department and managing the team of reservation agents using SOP and individual sales targets.
- Optimising the management of Optimo and contribute to the development and maintenance of Revenue Management Systems
- Utilise rate comparison reports to identify and react to pricing opportunities within the business
- Competitor pricing and seasonal rate positioning
- Consulting third party intermediaries to gain maximum exposure & revenue
- Set and update rate strategy per market segment on 12 months rolling basis
- Responsible for the launch of head office lead revenue management projects
- Facilitate and lead daily revenue, weekly yield and monthly revenue meetings with measurable outputs
- Responsible for attending weekly meetings and leading group quotations
- In charge of producing month end reports with strong emphasis on past, current and future performance analysis as well as action planning
- Supporting the sales team with promotional information to drive sales
The Ideal Candidate
- We are looking for someone with experience in a similar role, focussed on yield or revenue management.
- Experience of leading a team
- Analytical and commercial in their approach
- Intermediate excel skills, using formulas and extracting data.
- Attention to detail, ability to translate data into understandable & actionable information
Up to £40,000 + 10% annual Bonus + Benefits
About the Company
Our mission is improve the quality of life of Sodexo employees and all those we serve, and contribute to the economic, social and environmental development of the communities, regions and countries in which we operate. We work to improve the well-being of people across the globe through our unique range of expert services and the talent of our teams. As one of the world’s largest employers and a
company of “people at the service of other people,” we are committed to being an employer of choice – providing jobs for our people, as well as training and opportunities for internal promotion to help our employees move up the career ladder.