We currently have an opportunity for a Retail Supervisor to join our team. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
As a Retail Supervisor you will be responsible for:
- Managing a team of Retail Personnel
- Creating weekly and monthly rotas
- Delivering and maintaining a high standard of service in every aspect of the retail shop
- Operating the till systems, including cashing up and completing paper work at the start and end of shift
- Providing excellent customer service to all consumers, to manage and rotate stock, to maintain the cleanliness of the outlet at all times and comply with Health and Safety and Safe Systems of Work
- Maintaining contact with third party suppliers in the local area
The Ideal Candidate
The successful candidate for this role will have:
- Previous experience in customer facing retail and/or bar outlets
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Ability to make an excellent first impression, be proactive, able to multi task, numerate and demonstrate the ability to work efficiently and accurately in a fast paced service driven environment
Assist in end of February opening & supervising our new proud to serve Costa coffee outlet at the York St John University Sports facility on Haxby road.
5/7 working days per week. Business hours of operation initially will be 11am-8pm Mon-Fri. Shifts will be based around those opening times.
The café will open in university term time and is planned to close when the students are off over the Summer, Easter & Christmas. This may change once the site opens and trading patterns are established. Therefore if you are looking for a full time position all year round your application will be considered.
We are ideally looking for someone to start in February so that full training can be given prior to the site opening in March.
We are also recruiting for more junior roles so if you feel you are not quite ready for a supervisor role please state on your application you are applying for a catering assistant position.
About the Company
Sodexo is committed tosafeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roleswill require applicants toundergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS)and/ or Disclosure Scotland (Scotland).
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors.
With an annual turnover of over 1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.