Retail Planner - Ascot Racecourse
Are you a highly organised individual with a keen eye for detail? We are looking for a Retail Planner to join the team at Ascot Racecourse, working closely with the Planning and Retail Team to provide an effective and seamless liaison between all departments and the client. This is an exciting, varied position where no two days are the same and you will play a key role in the success of our prestigious venue.
Sodexo are proud of their long-standing relationship with Ascot. In 2017 we cemented our partnership through the creation of the 1711 by Ascot, the new brand for our joint venture. 1711 by Ascot is responsible for providing catering operations across the racecourses’ 26 annual race days and further conferences and events at the venue throughout the year.
Our heritage is built on catering and hospitality experience and fuelled by our passion for exceptional food and service. For over 40 years we have been providing bespoke catering and hospitality services for sports stadia, racecourses, visitor, attractions, historic venues, major events and premium airline lounges. Recognised across the globe for hospitality, we help create exceptional moments at extraordinary events such as Royal Ascot, Tour de France and RHS Chelsea Flower Show.
For more information on the company see Careers in Sports and Leisure
- Manage a wide variety of tasks on a daily basis from communicating with concessionaires to compiling managers’ packs
- Look after challenging guests with high standards and constantly changing requirements.
- Supporting the rest of the planning team and undertake any reasonable requests made by the Head of Planning, Senior Planning Manager, Head of Retail and the Retail Operations Managers
- Build strong working relationships with kitchen, cellar and logistics teams to ensure requirements are communicated and updated as necessary in a timely manager
- Attend menu tastings, prepare and complete menu presentation notes in conjunction with the Retail Chef along with any financial information and relevant data analysis
- Attend race day planning meetings
- Compile and maintain departmental databases and information folders
- Production of marketing collateral to the various bars and restaurants
- Keeping up to date on retail food and drink trends by various mediums, including online, print and visiting
- To handle all telephone enquiries with the rest of the planning team
The Ideal Candidate
- Knowledge and experience within the Events industry
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritise information in an extremely busy environment
- Good customer service skills, polite telephone manner and attention to detail
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office specifically Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Publisher
- Flexible approach to working hours especially on race days and the build up to the race days
- Ability to demonstrate organisational skills and attention to detail
- Knowledge of Delphi booking system is desirable but not essential
Competitive salary + benefits
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 37,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the energy, corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business
At Sodexo we are committed to a leading role in promoting equality opportunities and valuing diversity and inclusion. We seek to create a work environment based on mutual respect for all individuals, building a culture that appreciates and values the experiences and skills brought by each person to benefit our organisation and work hard to ensure that all people, whatever their age, disability, gender, transgender, marital or family status, race or ethnicity, religious belief of sexual orientation are welcome to and included within our business.