Retail Manager - Costa Coffee
We are currently looking to recruit an experience Costa Manager to take accountability for the day to day running of the store at Queens Hospital in Essex, ensuring that all tasks are completed to deliver great coffee to our customers at all times.
Sodexo Healthcare is a leading provider of services to the NHS and private healthcare organisations in England. We provide quality of life services that improve patient and staff experience, raise standards and deliver financial benefits to our clients. We help to enhance the patient environment (including patient dining, cleaning/housekeeping, retail services), provide clinical support (equipment sterilisation) and manage technical estates teams (estates management, asset management, land maintenance and energy management).
- Manage the stock and order systems for food & consumables ensuring that the store has 100% supply of items for the customer
- Ensure all cash & stock is kept secure and that all necessary action is taken to ensure the handover of stock & cash is done in a secure manner
- Ensure the store is opened and closed, adhering to all company standards, polices & procedures
- Ensure that all brand standards are delivered throughout the shift to ensure complete customer satisfaction completing all relevant checks, standards, food & health and safety checks and taking necessary remedial action or escalating as required.
- Train & coach team members as required to support them in delivering their roles effectively, including succession planning and support for other units /contracts
- Deal with and resolve customer complaints in line with company policy/procedures
- Ensure the effective control of labour and that every team member is deployed in an appropriate manner
The Ideal Candidate
- Previous experience of working within a customer facing environment
- Supervisory experience
- Enthusiasm to execute outstanding customer service
- Positive attitude with willingness to learn
- Understanding of Key Performance Indicators
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with customers, clients, and staff at all levels
- Previous experience within a Costa outlet
As part of our commitment to improving the quality of life for our employees, Sodexo offers a Flexible Benefits Scheme, allowing you to tailor a reward package to suit your needs but includes a technology scheme, private dental insurance, travel insurance, gym membership, Gourmet card, private medical insurance and the ability to purchase or sell annual leave. We also have a Sodexo Discount scheme, which offers employees and their friends and family the opportunity to benefit from over 1,200 discounts from top retailers both online and in-store.
*Access to a variety of Sodexo benefits and discounts, flexible benefit fund, bonus and pension scheme
40 hours per week - shifts will be variable, on a 5 out of 7 day basis depending on the needs of the business, but usually Monday to Friday
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over 1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.