Retail Co-ordinator – Coffee Outlets
Reporting to the Retail Manager at Central Manchester Hospital, as Retail Co-ordinator you will support with the day to day running and staff management of our Retail business, with a particular focus on the coffee offer. The key areas of responsibility will lie with front and back of house services within all the coffee units, ensuring excellent customer service and development of the service offering.
This role will also play a part in helping the service deliver to budgeted profits by continuously increasing sales and keeping costs under control.
Sodexo Healthcare is a leading provider of services to the NHS and private healthcare organisations in England. We provide quality of life services that improve patient and staff experience, raise standards and deliver financial benefits to our clients. We help to enhance the patient environment (including patient dining, cleaning/housekeeping, retail services), provide clinical support (equipment sterilisation) and manage technical estates teams (estates management, asset management, land maintenance and energy management).
- Support with sales growth year on year for all restaurant led sales units within the Retail business
- Support with the day to day running of the retail service, focusing on the management of labour, raw materials and direct costs to achieve KPI’s
- Develop and maintain a safety culture to ensure all employees work in a safe and accident free environment
- Deliver curriculum and job-related training to ensure delivery and record completion is in line with company policy
- Work closely with both the retail management team and the Finance hub with reconciling cash, change management and banking processes at site level
- Complete and monitor compliance checks as required
- Complete stocks takes in line with company stock taking procedures and provide a flexible approach to month end stock take when necessary
- Drive and promote staff engagement to all team members with support from the Sodexo focus on five campaign, including the delivery of company briefings, site/service huddle delivery and recognition
- Champion and manage brand standards for the relevant brand/offer available within the retail service
The Ideal Candidate
- Previous experience in a Retail customer facing environment
- Experience of working within a Retail/Sales environment with proven record of managing to budget requirements
- A confident and adept communicator, with the ability to operate effectively at all levels
- Proficient IT user (Excel, Outlook, Word)
- Supervisory experience in the support services, facilities management, leisure, Retail sectors, (or related), ideally with exposure to the healthcare market
- Experience of working within a unionised environment
- Track record or working with full barista training in a coffee shop environment
As part of our commitment to improving the quality of life for our employees, Sodexo offers a Flexible Benefits Scheme, allowing you to tailor a reward package to suit your needs but includes a technology scheme, private dental insurance, travel insurance, gym membership, Gourmet card, private medical insurance and the ability to purchase or sell annual leave. We also have a Sodexo Discount scheme, which offers employees and their friends and family the opportunity to benefit from over 1,200 discounts from top retailers both online and in-store.
Flexible approach to weekend/bank holiday working. Working pattern will be based on a 5 over 7 rota.
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to further engage ex-forces personnel and reservists. Those applying for roles with us who meet the essential criteria advertised under the ‘ideal candidate’ on the vacancy advertised are guaranteed to progress within the selection process.