Retail Catering Manager
A fantastic vacancy has arisen for a commercially focussed Retail Catering Manager to oversee the student catering outlets for a world class University. This is an excellent opportunity to drive an innovative retail business and develop within a thriving and fast paced environment.
- Efficient management of the student catering and retail services. This includes a large food court with 6 areas including an artisan coffee outlet and deli.
- Lead, engage and develop a team of 34 to deliver a high quality service at all times and continuously improve standards.
- Control and monitor the financial performance of the unit and to maintain costs within pre-budgeted targets.
- Ensure high levels of standard as per service level agreement, Company policy and current legislation.
- Establish and maintain satisfactory relationships with individuals at all levels within the Company and the Client organisation.
- Implement and maintain the Statutory and Company standards of hygiene, health and safety and take any action as is necessary.
The Ideal Candidate
- Previous experience as a food outlet Retail Manager or General Manager within a catering/retail environment
- Experience of managing a large team within a catering/retail environment
- Ability to develop and improve service offers
- Proven experience of developing profitable relationships for contracts
- Good financial awareness and business acumen
- Excellent communication skills
- Flair and passion for excellent food and customer service
- Knowledge of managing HR, payroll, Admin etc.
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.