We currently have an opportunity for a Retail Assistant to join our team. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
As a Retail Assistant you will be responsible for:
- Delivering and maintaining a high standard of service in every aspect of the retail shop
- Operating the till systems, including cashing up and completing paper work at the start and end of shift
- Providing excellent customer service to all consumers, to manage and rotate stock, to maintain the cleanliness of the outlet at all times and comply with Health and Safety and Safe Systems of Work
- Maintaining contact with third party suppliers in the local area
The Ideal Candidate
The successful candidate for this role will have:
- Previous experience in customer facing retail and/or bar outlets
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Ability to make an excellent first impression, be proactive, able to multi task, numerate and demonstrate the ability to work efficiently and accurately in a fast paced service driven environment
- Shift patterns include early and late shifts ranging from 07:30-22:30
- Weekends are one in three
- This role includes working in the shop and café - basic food preparation and cooking included
- On the job training provided
- Incentive scheme throughout the year
- Opportunities to enrol onto NVQ's
- Progression opportunities
- Multi skilling into other roles
- Uniform provided
About the Company
Sodexo is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland (Scotland).
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors.
With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.