We currently have an opportunity for Retail Assistants to join our team. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual our team at the prestigious Imperial College Hospitals in London.
- Price all goods for sale in line with retail price list to ensure the company receives the correct income
- Ensure shop is open during specified service times to meet client requirements
- Carry out stock takes as required to account for all stock sold and carried
- Cash up and reconcile daily takings, and hand cash and summary figures to Unit Manager
- Complete all necessary sales controls and documentation
- Communicate well and demonstrate a pleasant, polite, efficient, caring and friendly service to customers.
- Keep the shop clean and tidy at all times to display a professional Company image
- Display merchandising material as directed to promote specified products
- Comply with all Company and statutory regulations relating to health and safety, safe working practices, hygiene, cleanliness, fire and COSHH. This will include awareness of any specific hazards in the work place
- Work as a team to promote harmonious working relationships within the Sodexo team
- Assist at any special ad-hoc functions, some of which may occur outside working hours
The Ideal Candidate
- Previous experience in customer facing retail and/or bar outlets
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Ability to make an excellent first impression, be proactive, able to multi task, numerate and demonstrate the ability to work efficiently and accurately in a fast-paced service driven environment
- Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative
Various shifts available
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.