We currently have an opportunity for a Retail Assistant to join our team. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
- To be responsible for the security of stock for use in the retail areas.
- To be responsible for the handling and security of all cash within the Costcutter Shop in accordance with company policies.
- To open and close the store with responsibility for key holding as and when required.
- To execute company policy and procedures designed to achieve high standards of service delivery within the retail shop.
- To help ensure that the retail shop achieves its GP and sales targets.
- To maintain the reputation of company brands and ensure they are applied appropriately for delivering the service offer.
- To comply with the Health and Safety at Work, Food Safety and COSHH regulations.
- To continue to develop ones own skills and knowledge within the position, including any required training courses
- To maintain excellent customer relationships
- To attend team briefs, huddles and meetings as required
- To attend your performance development review to discuss job standards and agree development activities
- To maintain a clean and tidy work area at all times
- To maintain high levels of personal hygiene and wear the appropriate uniform and PPE as required
- To provide retail services support across the site as required, including customer service, cash handling and merchandising
- To carry out any other reasonable tasks and/or instructions as directed by management
The Ideal Candidate
- Previous experience of working in retail operational role
- Must be able to demonstrate effective verbal and written communication
- Able to work on own initiative within a team environment
- Able to demonstrate attention to detail and adherence to standards
- Experience of working within military environment
- Knowledge/qualification in Health & Safety and Food Safety
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over 1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support exforces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.