Restaurant Duty Manager
We currently have an opportunity for a Duty Restaurant Manager to join our team. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
- Manage standards and quality across all areas of the restaurant and front of house operation
- Work with the Front of House Manager and team to develop the restaurant product and standards of service.
- Ensure that the restaurant operates to the highest standard at all times
- Ensure that the FOH set up and close-down procedures are followed on a daily basis.
- Attend Operations meetings as required to obtain all relevant forthcoming cruise information
- Assist with the building of a Standards of Procedure Manual ensuring it is kept up to date
- Effectively manage Restaurant Supervisors and the front of House Service team
- Manage guest billing and daily takings
- Manage guest boarding
- Ensure all daily departmental procedures are followed
- Receive and act upon all customer and client feedback
- Ensure that all accountable staff are adequately trained and skilled to the required level
- Prepare and manage the restaurant rota, ensuring that all shifts are covered in line with business objectives
- Fully deputise in the absence of the Front of House Manager
- Ensure effective management of light equipment and stock control
- Adhere to the Company credit, cash and purchasing policies at all times
- Conduct staff performance appraisals
- Comply with all Company policies, procedures and statutory regulations, including human resources, health and safety, safe working practices, hygiene, cleanliness, fire, COSHH.
The Ideal Candidate
- At least 2 years experience at supervisor level within a high volume restaurant environment
- Able to communicate effectively through written forms of communication
- Strong organizational and leadership skills
- Cash handling experience
- Foundation certificate in Food Safety and Health & Safety
- Basic IT skills
- Good level of food and wine knowledge
- Coaching skills
- Good awareness of industry standards
About the Company
Sodexo is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland (Scotland).
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors.
With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.