Responsible Officers (Probation Service Officers) - advertised on behalf of Northumbria CRC
Northumbria CRC is delighted to provide the opportunity to recruit a number of Responsible Officers (Probation Service Officers). The change in our service delivery model coupled with the exciting increase in resettlement work due to the introduction of Enhanced Through the Gate model of working allows the company to increase resources.
The generic term of Responsible Officer covers a wide range of activities including Community Supervision, Resettlement work both inside custody and post release. The role also includes areas such as Accredited Programmes Tutor and Community Payback Officers. The role is therefore varied and contributes to the aim of reducing reoffending and protecting the public.
The successful candidate will:
- Manage risk
- Supervise service users in different parts of the business
- Assess service user deficits and provide opportunities through one to one supervision and working alongside operational partners and a variety of community based organisations
- Provide quality records using the IT systems
- Manage service users on Community Orders or during Licence periods
- Provide programmes and Rehabilitation Activity Requirements as ordered by the Courts
The Ideal Candidate
- Have the ability to form constructive and appropriate relationships
- Be able to motivate people to change, often in the face of setbacks
- Be required to demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrate sound judgement, and an ability to resolve complex problems
- Have experience of working with service users
- Have the ability to be assertive when necessary and be resilient when faced with challenging behaviour and competing demands
- Be able to use a range of IT packages to keep records, make assessments and manage risk
Salary £23,039 - £27,784 per annum dependent on experience.
37 hours per week, 27 days holiday + 8 bank holidays, defined contribution pension scheme, company sick pay, group discount scheme.
If you are interested in this role please follow the instructions on this website to apply. The closing date is 30 November 2018.
About the Company
The role of Northumbria CRC is to rehabilitate service users, reduce reoffending and protect the public and we are one of six CRCs operated by Sodexo Justice Services in the UK. We work with offenders both in the community and in custody to deliver the sentence of the court, to rehabilitate them and to provide a range of programmes and interventions to turn their lives around. We deliver effective offender management and rehabilitation services to low and medium risk service users and our highly skilled staff work in a range of disciplines to make a real difference. Our aim is to create a better future for the people we work with – service users, victims and their families and local communities. We are proud to have strong relationships with other criminal justice agencies, local authorities, health trusts, employment and training providers, and work with contracted partners to enhance delivery to our service users.
We serve the county from the six Local Management Centres: Newcastle, North Shields, Blyth, Sunderland, Gateshead, and South Tyneside. Northumbria CRC is an Equal Opportunities employer. All applicants are considered on the basis of suitability for the post, irrespective of race, gender, sexual orientation, disability, age or religion.