Residency Living Co-ordinator
We currently have an opportunity for a Residency Living Co-ordinatorto join our team. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
- To create a fun living experience for our residents, providing the best platform from which our students can excel at their studies. To support in creating an environment that gives a homely experience where students will choose to remain until they graduate increased retention being the main goal.
- Coordinate welcome packs and events for student intake, that will enthrall new arrivals and be at a level above those of our competitors
- Support Open Days and coordinate welcome events for prospective students.
- Support in providing and maintaining a uniformed approach to communications to the students living in Sodexo managed buildings
- Provide and manage a communications plan throughout the year that enables Sodexo to continuously be able to communicate with students with regards to events, issues etc.
- Provide training and support to designated personnel across the portfolio to enable the best student experience possible
- Maintain andpromote social media platforms and forums ensuring relevant local site information within university guidelines.
- Maintain all hard communications medium including site posters, advertisements and banners to engage with those students not yet on social media.
- Support the monthly newsletter in collaboration with local site staff assisting in the formulation of ideas, topics and themes that supports the overall student experience.
- Attend and participate in a select number of Life events meeting our residents and getting to know them better
- Provide photographs and updates of events and communications evidence for reporting purposes
- Support RLM in developing programmes, initiatives and campaigns to combat disciplinary issues
- Support on the student induction process with collateral and organisation with operational teams
- Support the locale in each of the building areas to help build a community spirit and a collaborative approach
- Support the local police and fire departments to build great relationships and collaborations
- Support local charities to foster relationships with students and a community feel
- Support local businesses to open employment opportunities for students
- Support the RLM in developing partnerships with local businesses, partners and stakeholders to take advantage of wider resources and maximise attendance at events.
- Secure student discounts with local businesses
- Keep up to date with competitor offers and provide options for improved use of existing facilities, evolvement of partnerships and events.
- Support on the delivery of student and customer surveys, mystery shopper initiatives and customer satisfaction questionnaires. Deliver results in customer and management meetings and to students, agree and implement corrective actions as appropriate
- A real drive to think outside of the box and ability to challenge the accepted norms of the current University structure i.e. Union involvement
- Support with the design of campaign
The Ideal Candidate
- This role requires a real people person
- Sound understanding of social media and communications strategies. Evolve the existing social media and grow the brand with other platforms i.e. Instagram, snapchat etc.
- Strong communicator with an ability to communicate to all levels effectively both in writing and orally
- Able to present to large audiences
- Proven organisational skills
- Must understand the modern student expectations
- An ability to lead and influence people
- Extremely enthusiastic and confident around people
- Ability to work with an international student audience
- Excellent presentation skills
- Photoshop skills preferable but not essential
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over 1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.