Relief General Services Manager
This is a fantastic opportunity to further your Facilities Management career. We require an experienced General Services Manager to oversee the delivery services across the Cork region on a relief basis.
This role will require rotation between contracts and sites so as to initially learn the various aspects of service delivery and associated systems and reporting to allow seamless transition should the need arise to take over those sites on a temporary or full time basis. As required by the business this role will also require placement for unspecified durations in sites within the district to replace or temporarily backfill managers on those sites.
This role will deliver projects as directed by line managers or their other reports and continuously look for opportunities for efficiencies as well as new business opportunities using best in class methods and methodologies.
- Provide support, expertise and relief cover across multiple sites and services (IFM)
- Lead and develop facilities teams to deliver an outstanding service to our customers on site
- Ensure operational excellence across all Sodexo services
- Management of the operational procedures and activities ensuring that all Statutory and Non Statutory planned activities are undertaken within agreed timescales
- Ensure that work is carried out in accordance with legislation, codes of practice, manufacturers recommendations, HSE recommendations and meets prescribed standards in the contract
- Ensure the highest levels of Health and Safety and compliance are achieved across the site
The Ideal Candidate
- Demonstrable experience in a multi service role
- Experience of managing skilled teams in a multi-disciplined environment
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Excellent client relationship skills
- Broad commercial experience and business acumen and knowledge of external industry developments
- Experienced in implementing company initiatives and change management
- Experience of having operated successfully within an outsourced environment
- Considerable experience in sector contracting and sector technical service delivery
- Proven experience in identifying new business
- Facilities/Engineering degree/Technical background/Qualification
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over 1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.