Registered General Nurse (RGN)
We are looking for a Registered General Nurse to join our team of professional clinicians - these are wide-ranging roles nursing duties from health promotion to first response emergency care and are central to the continued successful operation of the site.
HMP/YOI Peterborough is the countrys only purpose-built prison for both male and female prisoners (kept separate at all times), including a 12-place mother and baby unit. We are committed to offering education and development programmes to provide residents with the skills required to enter employment on release, so reducing the chances of further offending. Providing creative outlets, such as workshop activities, helps to equip those in custody for when they are released. We use Restorative Approaches to bring people in conflict into dialogue. Using a skilled and structured process, those who have been harmed have an opportunity to be heard and those that have caused the harm are held to account for what they have done. We have strong links with the community outside through a variety of partnerships, including our outreach activity Outside Links offering support and advice to both residents and their families.
- Running a variety of clinics across the prisoner population
- Managing and supporting Junior staff and deputising for senior staff when required.
- Ensuring the healthcare regime is delivered in a safe and timely manner with the highest possible clinical standards
- Using your personality to promote healthy living and encourage prisoners to address their health needs
- Link and work closely with other agencies to ensure holistic shared care planning for prisoners
- Involvement in substance abuse, misuse and dependency clinics - including interventions where necessary
The Ideal Candidate
- RGN - Registered General Nurse
- Up to date NMC registration
- Experience as a Band 5 equivalent nurse
- Open to working within a secure/custodialenvironment.
- Desire to undertake further training as appropriate
- Motivated and innovative
Why choose Sodexo?
We provide a safe and controlled working environment where you get to see the full cycle of patient care and work with a dedicated multidisciplinary team. You will have the opportunity to work independently, make your own decisions and have a family friendly work-life balance. Some of the other benefits that we offer are:
- Excellent salary
- Free on-site parking and free meals while on duty
- Long service award
- Free learning and development
- Childcare vouchers
- Access to Sodexo Discounts wide range of Holiday, travel and retail discounts
- Support in contributing towards NMC fees
- 20 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Shift work 12.5 hour shifts aday or nights every 3rd weekend
- Subsidised gym membership
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over 1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
Sodexo Justice aims to change lives for the better by reducing reoffending and improving the quality of life for those under our supervision and in our care. We deliver safe, effective and innovative custodial and community rehabilitation services that challenge offending behaviour, protect the public and offer individuals the opportunity to change their lives for the better. We deliver the total operation of five prisons within the UK and own six Community Rehabilitation Companies in partnership with crime reduction charity Nacro.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
Please note all roles within Sodexo Justice are subject to security and recruitment checks which may include a Social Media Check. You will also be asked to provide 3 years worth of references and request employment history details from the HMRC.