Registered General Nurse (RGN)
HMP/YOI Bronzefield are currently recruiting for Registered General Nurses (RGN) to come and join our dedicated team of professional clinicians.
HMP/YOI Bronzefield is a closed local prison serving courts across the South of England. Our mission is to deliver quality of life services which make a meaningful difference to women in the criminal justice system by supporting them to change their lives for the better. To achieve this we focus on providing needs-based services and programmes to rehabilitate and improve the well-being of our women.
We house up to 572 women (approximately 14.5% of the national female prison population). The women in our custody have a diverse and complex set of needs and range from mothers and babies, young offenders, life and long term sentenced women, short to mid-term sentenced women, foreign nationals and women on remand.
We have been awarded a bronze accreditation by Investors in People for our commitment to our staff, their development, engagement and investment in a sustainable future.
You will be joining a unique, exciting but challenging environment, where you will have a range of nursing duties, from health promotion to first response emergency care and will be central to the continued successful operation of the site. We are looking for people who can run a variety of nurse led clinics – such as chronic disease management, health screening programmes, wound care, immunisations and venepuncture, the ability to link up and work closely with other agencies to ensure holistic shared care planning for our women.
The Ideal Candidate
- RGN - Registered General Nurse
- Previous experience and the ability to work in a fast paced environment doing varied nursing duties
- Experience as a Band 5 equivalent nurse
- Up to date NMC registration
- Passionate and committed to the role we play in rehabilitating and maintaining the wellbeing of our women
- Desire to continuously improve yourself through further development as appropriate
- Previous experience within a secure/custodial environment
Why choose Sodexo?
We provide a safe and controlled working environment where you get to see the full cycle of patient care and work with a dedicated multidisciplinary team. You will have the opportunity to work independently, make your own decisions and have a family friendly work-life balance. Some of the benefits that we offer are:
- Excellent salary - Starting at £33,137.22 + London Weighting £287.75 per month
- Free on-site parking and free meals while on duty
- Long service award
- Free learning and development
- Childcare vouchers
- Access to Sodexo Discounts – wide range of Holiday, travel and retail discounts
- Support in contributing ½ towards NMC fee’s
- 20 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Refer a friend to nursing bonus
- We use a team based self-rostering rota system– You will schedule your hours to cover on average 37.5 hours per week. You also work alternate weekends and you will cover a set on 1 week night shift on a 16 weeks rolling rota schedule and you will get 1 week off following your nights.
- Staff will allocated to attend training according to identified training needs is based on skills gap analysis and service needs and e.g. Training to run Asthma Clinic, Diabetic clinics, sexual health clinics, Cervical screening clinics, phlebotomy, wound care.
- There is gym on site which staff can attend on their free times and you can also have subsidised gym membership in the community
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
Sodexo Justice aims to change lives for the better by reducing reoffending and improving the quality of life for those under our supervision and in our care. We deliver safe, effective and innovative custodial and community rehabilitation services that challenge offending behaviour, protect the public and offer individuals the opportunity to change their lives for the better. We deliver the total operation of five prisons within the UK and own six Community Rehabilitation Companies in partnership with crime reduction charity Nacro.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
Please note all roles within Sodexo Justice are subject to security and recruitment checks which may include a Social Media Check. You will also be asked to provide 3 years’ worth of references and request employment history details from the HMRC.