Registered General Nurse (RGN)
Sodexo Justice Services currently operates five prisons and six CRCs in the UK. We have a reputation for delivering excellent, ethical, innovative and rehabilitative services built on our complete package of custodial and noncustodial justice services for people in our care. Our mission is to change lives for the better and our people have a big part to play in that.
HMP Peterborough is the first purpose-built prison in the UK to house both men and women on the same site.
This highly innovative prison is designed to a high standard of physical security. Sodexo Justice Services has ensured that the prison provides needs-based personal development services for both men and women. January 2015 saw the completion of a new houseblock on the male estate which can house an additional 292 residents, along with an educational activities building.
Our work aims to facilitate offenders’ reintegration into the community, through the provision of education, employment and resettlement opportunities
We are looking for a Registered General Nurse to join our team of professional clinicians - these are wide-ranging roles nursing duties from health promotion to first response emergency care and are central to the continued successful operation of the site.
- Running a variety of clinics across the prisoner population
- Managing and supporting Junior staff ... and deputising for senior staff when required.
- Ensuring the healthcare regime is delivered in a safe and timely manner with the highest possible clinical standards
- Using your personality to promote healthy living and encourage prisoners to address their health needs
- Link and work closely with other agencies to ensure holistic shared care planning for prisoners
- Involvement in substance abuse, misuse and dependency clinics - including interventions where necessary
The Ideal Candidate
- RGN - Registered General Nurse
- Up to date NMC registration
- Experience as a Band 5 equivalent nurse
- Open to working within a secure/custodial environment.
- Desire to undertake further training as appropriate
- Motivated and innovative
£31,284.67 plus excellent benefits including free meals on duty and onsite parking, subsidised Gym, group discount schemes and pension with 28 days holiday
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.