Regional Building Surveyor
The regional building surveyor is responsible for undertaking structured surveys of the client’s property estate and to accurately and concisely record and budget proposed asset replacement for future years for each element within both an individual property and at property portfolio level. You will develop lifecycle plans for each property within the regional portfolio in accordance with ISO 55000 and provide technical and financial advice to both the client and the internal teams to allow decision making to take place on an informed basis. You will be the lead for Asset within the specified Region and will report on Asset function, progress and strategy at Regional Governance meetings. You will be required to undertake reports on behalf of the Asset Management team on an Ad Hoc basis and attend handover meeting on projects of significant investment or technical complexity. You will asset capture and future lifecycle investment on new acquisition properties as well as reviewing and producing mini business cases for emerging / unplanned projects within lifecycle delivery year not previously planned for. You will be responsible for ensuring all data delivered meets the requirement of the client(s) both internal and external and you should be multi skilled and have a core competency in either building surveying or M & E but will be expected to have a good knowledge of the complimentary building services or fabric along with extensive awareness of legislative requirements in respect of building services installations with experience in a property environment
- Surveying of DWP Estate
- Accurate budgeting and alignment of asset within plans
- Production of a three-year lifecycle plan
- Provide Technical Support to the client and the internal teams
- Ad hoc requests which can vary from production of high quality reports to attending sites to offer advice to the Field Team
- Attend handover meeting on projects of significant investment or technical complexity
- Programming of Annual Survey Programme
- Completion of Annual Survey Programme
- Auditor completion and upload
- Reports & recommendations to other teams within Sodexo in an non-technical format
- Completion of unplanned business cases
- Review of proposed Asset Replacement via IFM Reactive Works
- Time Management – there will be pressures from more than one side of the business which need to be assessed and dealt with accordingly and therefore you needs to be flexible in your approach
- Finance – limited budgets mean that not all asset replacement will be possible as planned so you shall have to risk assess each proposed replacement and prioritise
- Project delivery – whilst not directly involved you need to be cognizant of ongoing projects which will affect the planning activity
- Client Management – you will have direct interaction with the client and so must be able to communicate effectively, whilst maintaining the core activity objectives
The Ideal Candidate
- Graduate calibre, with degree in M & E discipline or Building Surveying
- You will be multi skilled and have a core competency in either building surveying or M & E but will be expected to have a good knowledge of the complimentary building services or fabric
- Experience and knowledge of lifecycle planning / ISO 55000.
- Membership of a professional body or be working towards accreditation
- Geographically mobile / Driving license
- IT literate – experience of using MS Office
- Familiar with ISO55000/550001
- Ability to communicate with all levels of client management
- Attention to detail, quality driven approach
- Work on own initiative and manage own time
- Working individually and part of a wider team
- The region is based in Wales and the West midlands so you should be geographically aligned to these areas
Competitive salary plus benefits including pension, 10% bonus and a flexible benefits fund.
As part of our commitment to improving the quality of life for our employees, Sodexo offers a flexible benefits scheme, allowing you to tailor a reward package to suit your needs which includes a technology scheme, private dental insurance, travel insurance, gym membership, Gourmet card, private medical insurance and the ability to purchase or sell annual leave to name but a few.
We also offer Sodexo Discounts site promoting discounted mobile phone tariffs, savings across restaurant chains and days out, where you and your family can save money on everything from your weekly food shop to the latest cinema blockbuster.
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to further engage ex-forces personnel and reservists. Those applying for roles with us who meet the essential criteria advertised under the ‘ideal candidate’ on the vacancy advertised are guaranteed to progress within the selection process.