HMP Forest Bank are currently recruiting for a Recovery Worker to provide ongoing case management and support for problematic substance users whilst in custody. You will also facilitate effective treatment and continuity of care alongside clinical interventions.
Sodexo Justice aims to change lives for the better by reducing reoffending and improving the quality of life for those under our supervision and in our care. We deliver safe, effective and innovative custodial and community rehabilitation services that challenge offending behaviour, protect the public and offer individuals the opportunity to change their lives for the better. We deliver the total operation of five prisons within the UK and own six Community Rehabilitation Companies in partnership with crime reduction charity Nacro.
HMP Forest Bank serves the courts of Greater Manchester and maintains strong links to the local community with a focus on resettlement. We aim to deliver quality of life services and support people to change their lives for the better.
Opportunities for learning and developing work-ready skills are on offer for all who come in to custody, but our commitment to reducing reoffending in local communities does not end at the prison gate. We support people released from custody through innovative partnerships in substance misuse services in Bury and Oldham, working with people to maintain recovery and lead law-abiding lives.
As well as the 16 residential units on site, there is a healthcare centre, gym, library, workshop complex, visits hall, chaplaincy and kitchen. The prison’s capacity stands at 1,460, holding adult men both on remand or sentenced and young prisoners between the ages of 18-21 years.
For more information on working in Justice within Sodexo please see Careers in Justice
- Complete appropriate assessments of problematic substance users in order to construct individualised care plans to meet their needs.
- Provide relevant information, advice and support to substance users with the aim of reducing harm to themselves and others; reducing the risk of overdose, spread of communicable diseases and lapse/relapse.
- Promote the Recovery Agenda and encourage substance users to engage with the Recovery Pathway.
- Provide and facilitate psychosocial interventions in the form of one to one and group work sessions.
- Provide effective communication and integration with all relevant internal and external partners, such as the Offender Management Unit, Programmes, Healthcare and Community Drug Teams.
- Deliver staff awareness training to promote the work of the Recovery team.
- Attend relevant training and be committed to continuous professional development.
- Arrange urine testing for all clients on the caseload and collate the results accordingly.
- Deal fairly, humanely and openly with all residents and combat discrimination wherever it occurs
- Attend one to one supervision and weekly group supervision where required to discuss performance, which feeds into the PDR process
- Complete all written and typed paperwork to a high standard maintaining accurate and up to date records.
The Ideal Candidate
- A good level of numeracy and literacy
- Good interpersonal skills and have an Empathic approach.
- Good planning and organisational skills
- Have a keen interest in the substance misuse field and a passion to promote and encourage change
£19,436.56 per annum plus benefits including free parking, free meals on duty, pension and shopping discounts.
37.5 hours per week
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.