We currently have an opportunity for a Receptionist to join our team. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
- Support the Department’s Management Team by ensuring that the service provides high levels of stakeholder satisfaction.
- Organise, plan and prioritise own work activities, to contribute to the achievement of Departmental objectives.
- Respond positively to feedback by proactively reviewing processes, procedures and practices to ensure that the needs and expectations of relevant stakeholders are met.
- Contribute to the development of a collaborative and inclusive culture, by sharing information and good practice with others.
- Work cooperatively and maintain effective relationships with others, internally and externally to Sodexo, as appropriate to own area of responsibility.
- Develop and maintain a specialist knowledge of own area of responsibility.
- Demonstrate a flexible attitude to change which will support the University in meeting existing and future needs.
- To provide an efficient reception service to staff, students and visitors to the reception desk, deal with telephone enquiries in a courteous, customer focused professional manner, and provide general information or refer to other members of staff.
- To be responsible for the receipt, sorting and issue of all mail and parcels.
- To undertake the regular checking of central e mail addresses throughout the day for messages from students and guests. To respond or direct the message to the appropriate manager.
- To be responsible for the issue and control of keys to sodexo staff, contractors and other such persons.
- To be responsible for reporting repairs for corrective action within the building
- To carry out accompanied viewings of rooms with students and customers.
- Checking and basic updating of the student accommodation database.
- To be responsible for the receipt of credit card payments and the issue of receipts.
- To reconcile all payments. To maintain associated records with regard to credit card payments.
- To provide support to other team members to produce correspondence, reports, tables, using appropriate IT, filing and maintenance of records.
- To undertake administration duties with regard to conferences, short stay and other commercial business. To use the online system this includes the allocation of rooms, preparation of signing in sheets and check in and out of all students and guests.
- To assist with the checking and inspection of rooms and flats as required.
- To provide emergency response for buildings.
- Such other duties as may be reasonably requested by the Management team.
The Ideal Candidate
Skills and Abilities
- Effective written communication including accurate spelling and grammar
- Effective verbal communication. The ability to give explanations clearly. A positive manner in face to face and telephone conversations
- Ability to reassure irate customers and deal with complaints effectively.
- Ability to prioritise work and work on own initiative with minimal supervision
- Ability to work calmly and quickly under pressure
- An effective team member - requesting or offering support when required and keeping line manager informed of progress
- Ability to handle personal and confidential information in an appropriate and sensitive manner
- Ability to empathise with people of diverse backgrounds and cultures
- Ability to use IT effectively - word processing, spreadsheets and database input
- Excellent customer service skills
- Word processing experience
- Experience of working with various IT packages
- Experience in reception duties and dealing with enquiries
- Experience of credit card handling and reconciliation
- Experience of work requiring accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to cope with routine work and more complex tasks
- Enthusiastic commitment to aims of the Department and needs of service users
- Flexibility, including willingness to work overtime, as when required, including some unsocial and weekend hours during the July-September period
- Commitment to ‘customer service excellence’
- Ability to interact effectively with students, staff and members of the public
- Educated to a minimum of GCSE Grade 3 (or equivalent) in Maths and English
- Training in IT packages and keyboard skills
- Excellent communication skills and an active listener
- Works well with others
- Experience of RMS, Maximo, SAP, Publisher, Excel and Access
Qualities and Attitude
- Confident, outgoing and presentable
- “can do” attitude.
- Enthusiastic and committed to Sodexo Objectives and Strategy.
- Personally motivated with initiative, flexibility, and innovation to continually develop skills
As part of the Student Living by Sodexo Team, you are part of a big team; you'll be working with in a 168 student accommodation along side an enthusiastic team.
Our aim is to give our residents the best experience and journey. We want you to let your personality show as you and the team go above and beyond for our residents and clients. You will need to own your role and develop a great, welcoming environment that makes our residents feel safe and at home.
You'll be working Monday to Friday
There would also be avaiablle for addtional work such as covering annaul leave, sickness and bank holidays.
About the Company
Sodexo is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland (Scotland).
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors.
With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.