We currently have an opportunity for a Receptionist to join our team. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
- Responsible for the efficient administration of the reception area within the Mess, including the sorting and distributing of mail, sign for any registered post and inform Officer of delivery.
- Allocation of rooms and the keys as directed by the Central Accommodation Booking System and to maintain accurate records of room occupancy.
- Arrange handover of rooms for Officers when they arrive/depart the Mess and to liaise with Cleaning Supervisor on a daily basis regarding vacated rooms.
- Responsible for logging all calls connected to the maintenance of building, office and mess equipment.
- Responsible for recording lost property.
- Responsible for all key holding within the Officers’ Mess
- To abide by the company policy and not intentionally put themselves or others at risk and to ensure that any observed hazards are reported to their supervisor/ manager.
- Ensure reception area and notice boards are kept up to date, tidy and clean at all times.
- Provide administrative support as and when required to Services/Mess Managers.
- Ensure departmental compliance with all legislation and company policies.
- Any other reasonable tasks as requested by management.
- To continue to develop one’s own skills and knowledge within the position.
The Ideal Candidate
- Ability to use IT and maintain data (Microsoft Office and Company Systems)
- Effective communicator both orally and in writing
- To possess good numeracy skills
- To demonstrate an excellent telephone manner
- To have excellent customer service skills
- Ability to prioritise and organise workloads
- Able to deliver high standard of service at all times
Monday to Friday
Hours to be discussed
This role will include some I & E Accounting
About the Company
Sodexo is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland (Scotland).
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors.
With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.