Receptionist - advertised on behalf of South Yorkshire CRC
An opportunity has arisen for a Receptionist within the South Yorkshire Community Rehabilitation Company. There will be a requirement to work at other SYCRC locations when required. This will involve representing the organisation by developing positive relationships both face to face on reception and via telephone and preparing for and receiving all visitors to CRC premises responding as appropriate.
If you want to join an innovative, creative and high performing organisation, we offer challenging and rewarding roles and the opportunity to make a positive contribution to reducing reoffending in South Yorkshire. We offer excellent opportunities for personal and professional development and are committed to supportive induction and appraisal.
- Represent the organisation by developing positive relationships both face to face on reception and via telephone. Preparing for and receiving all visitors to CRC premises responding as appropriate. This includes ensuring all visitors sign in and out and ensure that visitor badges are provided.
- Provide early morning and late-night reporting cover for reception and administration until 9.00pm on an alternate basis – or by prior arrangement and be flexible to work across SYCRC.
- Receiving incoming calls, screening and transferring calls as required. Use initiative to respond or obtain further information, taking messages and passing on information in a timely manner and using authorised systems to record information.
- Complete a wide range of tasks which support our Local Management Centre and the Hub Admin Team.
- Receipt and distribute incoming mail including responsibility for posting any outgoing mail
- Work within the SYCRC safeguarding policies and procedures, in order to identify and report any areas of concern.
- Manage and update the meeting room booking diary for groups and others as required.
- Develop and implement administrative systems which support the business.
- Ensure reception areas, interview rooms, meetings rooms and offices are maintained to a satisfactory standard. Ensure that any building or equipment maintenance defects are reported immediately with facilities management team.
- Administer petty cash and travel passes in line with SYCRC procedures and co-ordinate local car parking arrangements.
- Report any incidents of accident, fire, theft, loss damage or other irregularities of the SYCRC and take such action as may be appropriate, reporting on CIRS system.
- Be aware of all fire and emergency evacuation procedures and to ensure that normal precautions are taken by staff to protect against fire and safety hazards. Recording all statutory testing including the need to train as a Fire Warden.
- Procurement of stationery and cleaning supplies for the local office, checking receipt of all goods purchased.
- Oversight of the pool car booking system, receipt and maintenance of staff records relating to the use of the pool car and any fault reporting to relevant person.
The Ideal Candidate
- Administrative and clerical experience.
- IT skills – Ability to operate Office applications in particular Microsoft Outlook and Excel
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work with members of the public/service users – some of whom may have experienced emotional or social difficulties
- GCSE Level English and Math or Equivalent at Grade C or above
- RSA Stage II Typing/Word Processing or equivalent.
- Experience of problem solving and organising activity under pressure.
- Experience of working on a reception environment
- Experience of dealing with financial tasks
- Display an empathetic manner when interacting with Service Users
- Late night reception cover until 9.00pm
- Ability to be flexible across all SYCRC offices
Band 2 Salary £18,389
12 months fixed term contract
37 hours per week, 27 days holiday + 8 bank holidays, defined contribution pension scheme, company sick pay, group discount scheme.
Location TBC however there will be a requirement to work at other SYCRC locations when required
About the Company
The role of South Yorkshire CRC is to rehabilitate offenders, reduce reoffending and protect the public and we are one of six CRCs operated by Sodexo Justice Services in the UK. We work with service users both in the community and in custody to deliver the sentence of the court, to rehabilitate them and to provide a range of programmes and interventions to turn their lives around. We deliver effective offender management and rehabilitation services to low and medium risk service users and our highly skilled staff work in a range of disciplines to make a real difference. Our aim is to create a better future for the people we work with – service users, victims and their families and local communities. We are proud to have strong relationships with other criminal justice agencies, local authorities, health trusts, employment and training providers, and work with contracted partners to enhance delivery to our service users.
We serve the counties from the 4 major towns: Sheffield, Barnsley, Rotherham, Doncaster. South Yorkshire CRC is an Equal Opportunities employer. All applicants are considered on the basis of suitability for the post, irrespective of race, gender, sexual orientation, disability, age or religion.