Receptionist / Switchboard Operator
We currently have an opportunity for a Receptionist /Switchboard Operator to join our team. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
As a Switchboard Operator you will be responsible for:
- Operate screen based telephone console
- Maintain a high level of concentration
- Treat all calls with the strictest of confidence
- Operate hospital paging system/locating staff by pagers
- Maintain a calm and reassuring approach during stressful events
- Providing an immediate response to a 2222 emergency call
- Ensuring that all incoming calls to the switchboard are answered swiftly and efficiently and transferred to the correct extension
- Ensuring a five star, professional service is delivered to all employees and guests visiting the building or contacting the switchboard
The Ideal Candidate
The successful candidate for this role will have:
- Reception experience, ideally in a Corporate environment
- Exceptional front of house and interpersonal skills
- Computer literacy skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Office packages
- Knowledge of switchboard systems (advantageous)
- A flexible âcan doâ attitude
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to multi-task within a fast paced environment
£8.32 per hour for 36.53 hours per week
20 days Holiday
Automatically enrolled into the Company pension scheme
Unsocial Hours enhancements paid
About the Company
Sodexo is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland (Scotland).
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors.
With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.