Receptionist (Security and Admissions)
To provide a high profile reception service. To ensure a friendly and welcoming, professional service is delivered to all guests making enquiries or visiting the University. To provide a point of contact for students to assist with general enquiries. To participate in incident management. To provide administrative support as may be required by the General Manager.
**Job Description attached
- Ensure all maintenance bookings are processed through the correct procedures and systems available. To assist staff and students to set up maintenance accounts via the Estates & Facilities helpdesk
- To receive all visitors and sign them in and to contact their University contact
- To assist Admissions Department with providing information to visitors about the University
- To maintain and organise a list of contacts within the University
- To ensure effective communication with the client and throughout all departments to ensure all booking and visitor requirements are met. Check security and reception emails and book events into calendar
- To ensure documentation and administration procedures are carried out accurately and are available to the manager at all times
- Undertake regular checks to ensure that reception and security areas are clean and presented to the Company's standards and the Client's satisfaction.
- To assist security with administration tasks and ID card processes
- To answer incoming calls and forward as appropriate
- To assist with receiving of packages and deliveries
- To ensure visitors had ID cards and assist security with front door monitoring, access control, fire alarms, evacuations, first aid and calling out emergency contractors
- Security Systems Management
- Adhere to the company security procedures and maintain client confidentiality at all times.
- To carry out any reasonable request made by the management, outside normal duties, but within the scope of the job.
- To provide cover for security office when required.
The Ideal Candidate
- Previous experience within a quality focussed corporate reception or University reception
- High level of IT skills with experience of microsoft computer packages and room booking systems
- Professional attitude, appearance and commitment to delivering a high level of customer service
- Experience in providing assistance with ID card systems
- Experience in hospitality or hotel services and customer service
- Knowledge of Company admin procedures and policies
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.