We currently have an opportunity for a Reception and Helpdesk Assistant to join our team. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
- Answering calls
- Receiving calls -complaints and following correct procedures
- Receiving calls – general enquires
- Receiving calls – Threats to the company
- Receiving Calls – First point of contact for the public in the event of a site emergency.
- Transferring calls to employees
- Meet and greet visitors
- Informing employees when visitors have arrived
- Following security procedures when visitors arrive
- Preparing visitor daily passes, ensuring the visitor is ready to be collected – bag tagged, safety notice read
- Updating staff passes from P66 staff from the refinery to enter the Newton building
- Reporting faults in her area, i.e. lights out
- Deliveries – making staff aware of an item being delivered so they can collect
- Keeping area tidy at all times
- Updating client scrapbooks for ‘Thank You’ letters etc.
- Monitor Newton CCTV – Report any suspect activity to D-Gate
- Menu’s typed every 3 months, these are placed on the intranet.
- Daily main menu signage for the Newton Restaurant & Grab & Go
- General / food signs / signage – Printing and Laminating
- Daily labels for cookchill, grab & go & Newton Restaurant
- Printed and placed in diary
- Add to Sodexo-hospitality calendar
- Added to catering inbox as tasks
- Keep them aware of any changes / late requests / cancellations
- Responsible for all Sodexo Humber Response requests – these are received from emails, telephone calls or staff passing the reception area
- Job sheet printed
- Inputted onto the Helpdesk system creating a job number, allocate to team, place in tray ready for collection.
- Plumbers and Electricians are also logged on the same system then are emailed separately
- Complete jobs on system
- Keeping system up to date adding any comments to the job sheets.
- Communicate urgent jobs via radio to staff members.
- Splitting completed jobs into variable costs and non-variable costs.
- Point of contact for any feedback on jobs outstanding.
- Breakdown fuel invoices onto the system
- Pass keys to Great Coates Motors.
- Book vehicles in for MOT / Repairs / Servicing as per instruction by the fleet manager.
- Assist H&S Manager with inputting training information and weekly huddle sign offs onto the Training Matrix
- Near Misses – Log, number, copy near miss cards. Create a monthly spreadsheet with all the information on including any follow up information. Print off and distribute and all notice boards when checked.
- Help keep site safety information up to date – Report any issues or missing information.
- Write up audits – place on system
- Take notes and take minutes
- Support management & supervisor team in administration duties such as: creating posters; maintaining documents; creating new documents etc.
- Carry out other reasonable tasks as directed by management
- Report and take necessary action for any incidents of accidents, fire, theft, loss, damage, or other irregularities.
The Ideal Candidate
- To hold a full SIA Licence
- Proficient in Excel, Word & PowerPoint
- Proven Customer Service Experience
- Initiave and ability to identify solve and escalate problems accordingly
- A methodical and organised approach to work is essential to enable a proactive service to be delivered
- Due to the nature of the Facilities function, professionalism and a confidential approach in all aspects of work is essential.
- Mature confident and responsive manner.
- Display initiative dealing effectively with issues unaided
- Ability to work as part of a team and individually
- Exhibit good communication skills
- Display good computer literacy skills.
Full Training Provided
Full Staff Uniform
SIA Licence Preferred but no essential
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support exforces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.