We’re looking for an R2R Specialist to join our team based in Salford, just outside Media City. You’ll report into the Financial Controller and support the Justice and Government & Agencies Segments of Sodexo.
You might be a Senior Management Accountant or a Finance Analyst looking to take the next step in your career. You’ll need to be able to manage your time well and work to monthly deadlines as well as forge strong relationships with stakeholders in the business. You’ll play a key role in bringing together your business segments and our Finance team based in Porto so brilliant communication skills are essential to your success.
Once you’re up to speed we can offer flexible and remote working.
- Act as an R2R specialist for business segments and partner with the business to monitor, interpret and close accounts, serving as a key liaison with our finance team based in Porto
- Conduct required local ad hoc reporting, collating commentary and value add to reports.
- Act as local point of contact for the business and liaise with ESSC to resolve escalated issues and urgent requests
- Complete overhead accounting and reporting for assigned business segments and support segment budgeting and forecasting processes where required
- Implement R2R specific projects including updating specific policies and procedures when requested
- Manage internal queries and prepare and submit other managed reports and returns
- Establish and maintain all accounting policies for UK&I, e.g. project accounting
- Review the GL balance sheet reconciliations for their segment
- Collate commentary and value add to reporting
- Liaise with our team based in Porto to ensure quality output and service
- Drive compliance in the business; identify areas of non-compliance to improve accuracy, reduce the number of journals
- Contribute to the month end process as required, support internal and external audits as required and support completion of annual taxation packs as required
- Ensure compliance with accounting standards
- Provide support to Finance leadership in preparation for and attendance at review meetings.
The Ideal Candidate
- Part Qualified / Qualified Accountant
- Financial acumen and analysis
- Negotiation and business partnership
- Accounting qualification and experience
- Excellent time management
- First class communications skills
- Proactive, responsive and action orientated
- Ability to work independently
Where we can be flexible:
- Previous R2R experience
Up to £34,000 depending on experience
We also offer Sodexo Discounts site promoting discounted mobile phone tariffs, savings across restaurant chains and days out, where you and your family can save money on everything from your weekly food shop to the latest cinema blockbuster and much more
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to further engage ex-forces personnel and reservists. Those applying for roles with us who meet the essential criteria advertised under the ‘ideal candidate’ on the vacancy advertised are guaranteed to progress within the selection process.