Assistant Quantity Surveyor (QS)
We are currently recruiting an Assistant Quantity Surveyor. We are flexible on location, you could be based in Basingstoke, Reading, Rugby, Hampshire, Coventry, Milton-Keynes, Romford, Kent, Southampton, Luton, anywhere that you can travel into London in an hour or so.
This is a varied role, the team work on refurbishment and fit-out of existing buildings. You could be working on a healthcare ward one day and a restaurant or retail fit-out the next day. This role would suit a QS with at least 12 months demonstrable experience ideally working on refurbishments and fit-outs who has the flexibility to travel UK wide. In return the role offers a competitive salary plus annual bonus.
- Hard Service Quantity Surveying
- Maintain good client relations internal and external
- Assist with estimating and cost planning
- Prepare tender documents
- Prepare interim valuations for approval
- Assist with contract administration and cost control
- Assist in preparing final accounts
- Attend site and commercial meetings as required
- Assist with project planning
- Site visits and production of quotations based on client requirements.
The Ideal Candidate
- Full driving licence with the ability and flexibility to travel as business needs dictate
- Good IT skills
- An ability to produce tenders from both outline and detailed specifications &/or drawings
- Good planning & personal skills, well organised & able to communicate well working both independently with little supervision, as a team and with third parties
- Experience in administering JCT and NEC3/4 forms of Contract
About the Company
Sodexo UK & Ireland employs around 36,000 people and delivers On-site Service Solutions to clients at over 2,300 locations including offices, hospitals, schools, defense sites, prisons, sporting events and visitor attractions. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, Sodexo delivers a diverse range of services from catering, cleaning, reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling clients to focus on their core business.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland