Assistant Quantity Surveyor (QS)
We are currently recruiting an Assistant Quantity Surveyor to be based from South London area.
This is a varied role, the team work on refurbishment and fit-out of existing buildings. You could be working on a healthcare ward one day and a restaurant or retail fit-out the next day. This role would suit a QS with previous experience working on refurbishments and fit-outs who has the flexibility to travel UK wide. In return the role offers a competitive salary plus company car, plus annual bonus.
You will assist in the provision of quantity surveying services and delivery of Hard Service Project works. Review project requests, analyse information and support with end to end cost management duties, including feasibility estimates, value engineering and cost control.
- Hard Service Quantity Surveying
- Maintain good client relations internal and external
- Assist with estimating and cost planning
- Prepare tender documents
- Prepare interim valuations for approval
- Assist with contract administration and cost control
- Assist in preparing final accounts
- Attend site and commercial meetings as required
- Assist with project planning
- Site visits and production of quotations based on client requirements.
The Ideal Candidate
- Contract administration
- Full driving licence with the ability and flexibility to travel as business needs dictate
- Good IT skills
- An ability to produce tenders from both outline and detailed specifications &/or drawings
- Good planning & personal skills, well organised & able to communicate well working both independently with little supervision, as a team and with third parties
- Experience in administering JCT and NEC3/4 forms of Contract
About the Company
Sodexo UK & Ireland employs around 36,000 people and delivers On-site Service Solutions to clients at over 2,300 locations including offices, hospitals, schools, defense sites, prisons, sporting events and visitor attractions. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, Sodexo delivers a diverse range of services from catering, cleaning, reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling clients to focus on their core business.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland