Quality & Compliance Manager
Are you a Quality and Compliance manager with a substantial exposure to the pharmaceutical industry? Do you have a solid working knowledge of GxP? We want to hear from you!
The UK Quality & Compliance Manager has operational responsibilities in the account and is responsible for leading a team of people based in the UK. This is an important role which has wide exposure to management providing a unique opportunity to learn the company’s varied and diverse activities and has great opportunities for future career progression. The Pharma Quality & Compliance group provides support to the wider global pharmaceutical and healthcare operational teams. The group conducts audits, provides input into training and quality investigations, all of which to ensure GxP regulations are satisfied.
The role holder would be based in the North West of England with a base office in Macclesfield. Flexible working will be considered, however please note that it is a full-time role. Also please note that approximately 30% national travel will be expected.
- Manage the Account’s Quality and Compliance team in UK, to ensure that resources are appropriately applied and utilised, in the delivery of quality and compliance support to the Sodexo operational teams.
- Perform audits of all ’GxP’ services which Sodexo provide to the client. These services include Distribution and Logistics, GMP cleaning, Pest control, Lab Housekeeping services, Scientific support services,
- Contract management, equipment and lab instrument services and facilities management (e.g. buildings/equipment maintenance, calibration, qualification).
- Manage the UK Quality & Compliance team to aid the development and continuous improvement of the Global Quality Management System for Sodexo’s pharma business.
- Work with the client’s and Sodexo teams to investigate root-causes, analyse and implement corrective action and preventative actions, particularly where GxP deficiencies are noted.
- Present quality related topics to local client’s management.
- Perform investigations and special projects as required by Sodexo senior management locally and for the C of Excellence Quality and Compliance Team.
- Maintain communication with key Sodexo and client personnel.
- Provide guidance and assistance to Quality and Compliance staff (Sodexo and client).
- Conduct training in GxP and QMS topics, to the wider Sodexo operations team.
- Assist the Business development teams in bidding / securing new business for Sodexo.
- Execute various processes (e.g. QMS / documentation control, change control, risk management, non-conformance and CAPA management, 3rd party management) in compliance to relevant standards
The Ideal Candidate
- Candidates should have a solid grounding and practical experience in working in the Pharmaceutical environment, particularly in a Quality function, laboratories and facilities management areas. The candidate should have an in-depth knowledge of working in a Pharmaceutical regulated (GxP) environment, and the standards which must be met to assure patient safety and product quality.
- Good background in auditing.
- Ability to write persuasive and effective reports and communications, which clearly define findings and their causes, and recommendations made.
- Strong analytical skills. The ability to systematically gather information from a variety of sources, analyse information, identify implications of data, draw appropriate conclusions, generate viable alternative solutions to a question or problem and have the ability to apply Quality Risk Management processes to evaluate the consequences of choosing each alternative.
- As this role interacts with senior client representatives, and senior Sodexo staff, excellent communications skills (verbal and written) are required, with an ability to recognise the values within different cultures and acknowledge different ways of working.
- Fluent English + other relevant major languages is an advantage
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process