Projects and Lifecycle Manager (Building and Construction)
This is an excellent opportunity to join our Government Schools business as Projects and Lifecycle Manager. Sodexo is responsible for three PFI contracts in the London area (Merton, Leyton & Swanscombe) with a total of seven schools. One of our responsibilities is to manage the lifecycle capital expenditure fund and also to manage the delivery of the projects derived from this.
The Projects & Lifecycle manager will be responsible for managing the lifecycle plan across these three contracts, protecting the value of the fund, ensuring that the schools will meet contractual requirements both now and at the end of each contract (typically the projects are 12-13 years into a 25 year concession).
Find out about our Careers in Schools
- Management of various ongoing building project works including: Building fabric, re-decoration, builds, new car parks etc. ensuring efficient planning, coordination and management of contractors.
- Update the lifecycle plans on a periodic basis as required by the various contracts
- Undertake annual condition assessments
- Identify and develop the annual works plan for each school
- Scope, procure and manage the delivery of the projects
- Ensure compliance with Construction Design & Management Regulations
- Coordinate with the other members of the operational team, collaborating to provide a service that meets the needs of our customers
- Advise on and lead where appropriate client driven change/construction projects
- Interface with the central projects team to drive value and consistency
- Promulgate Sodexo’s Safety Culture, leading by example
- Control and report on project finances both at project and programme (plan) level
- Identify opportunities to extract value from the lifecyle plans
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience in managing lifecycle programmes across multiple sites.
- Experience in managing multiple projects at any one time at various stages as part of the delivery of the programme
- Ability to demonstrate sound technical knowledge in construction, coming from either a building surveying or building services background
- Previous knowledge of the workings of PFI would be an advantage
- Ability to work autonomously but as part of an integrated team
- Sound knowledge of the legislation covering building & construction in the UK
- Good knowledge of Health & Safety - IOSH or CSC would be beneficial
- Demonstrate an understanding of the particular constraints of working within a school – an enhanced DBS certificate is mandatory
- Membership of or on a pathway to a recognised qualification e.g. RICS, CIOB, APM,CIBSE
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.