Project Manager (FM/Maintenance)
This is a unique opportunity offered by one of our large PFI contracts. In this role, you will lead various FM projects to existing buildings, including CDM planning and execution from proposal to completion, ensuring all services are delivered in a customer focused manner.
You will also ensure consistent, proactive management in supporting all Health & Safety and Environmental legislation, providing effective innovative business solutions to operational matters, within agreed funding and resource limits.
- Manage all project deliverables in accordance with Regulatory and Statutory undertakings, complying with all Health & Safety and Environmental standards and policies.
- Ensure FM/Maintenance projects are completed on budget and to schedule.
- Advise stakeholders on schemes and projects and determine requirements.
- Prepare scheme designs with costings, programmes for completion of projects and specification of works.
- Advise and appoint contractors.
- Advise on energy efficiency, environmental impact and sustainable construction.
- Advise on the future management and supervision of maintenance of buildings.
- Instruct on construction design and management regulations.
- Carry out feasibility studies.
- Advise on the health and safety aspects of buildings.
- Ensure all works are completed to high levels of Stakeholder satisfaction
The Ideal Candidate
- Project management exposure in a FM/maintenance environment
- Relevant supporting qualifications or accreditations
- A degree accredited by the RICS or the Chartered Institute of Building or relevant professional experience.
- Technical knowledge of planning, construction and design and a logical, practical mind, along with strong IT skills.
- Ability to instil total confidence through impartial advice and high levels of professional integrity.
- Confident communication skills at all levels, both verbally and in writing.
- Combination of strong technical skills with excellent people skills.
- A reasonable level of physical fitness for access to all areas of site visits.
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as alone.
- Ability to obtain enhanced DBS clearance
- Experience of managing educational or similar maintenance services;
- Experience of operating in a PFI environment;
- Change management experience
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young persons and vulnerable adults. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland (Scotland).