Project Manager / Engineer (Graduate calibre)
As Project Engineer/Manager, you'll work with our valued client to manageand deliverlifecycle planned works process, client and capital projects.
An excellent opportunity to further develop your skill set andproject management experiencewithin a M&E/Building Services./Hard FM platform.
You'll havethe autonomy and accountability to manage programmes from start to finish with the support and steer when necessary of awider team and internal networks. You'llworkclosely with client stakeholders to advise on which projects will be the most beneficial to all.
Service Operations is the part of our business that supports segment development by providing expertise and process standardisation across all segments. Service Operations leverages our global expertise and best practice to bring the best of Sodexo to all of our clients. It includes everything from FM expertise to food development through to bid support, health and safety, and contract design and management
- Management and delivery of lifecycle planned works process, client and capital projects.
- Review project requests, set out further information required and comment of feasibility and deliverability, managing client expectations.
- Control all aspects of project delivery on site, liaising with; clients, end users, accounts, operations and senior team colleagues.
- Take ownership of the clients needs and pursue effective communications with the customer in order to build a stable relationship
- Procure works, manage the supply chain ensuring sufficient skill and capacity available.
- Control works and contractors, ensuring best practice Health and Safety. Making sure the project meets budget and time constraints.
- Manage risks, set out any identifiable risks, share with management team and allocate appropriate Risk owners.
- Responsible for the Projectdelivery of all Facility / Engineering project activities
The Ideal Candidate
- Graduate Engineering degree or equivalent.
- Provenexperience in construction / maintenance environment
- Ability to advise, negotiate and influence at all levels, able tobuild effectiveclient/stakeholder working relationships
- Ability to set programme(s) and deliver
- Practical and demonstrated use of Microsoft office Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Effectivewritten and verbal communication skills.
- Motivated and ambitious to manage workload to agreed priorities under your own initiative.
- Problem solving / decision making skills
- High level of self-motivation, organisational ability and drive to meet deadlines.
- Project Management experience highly desirable, even evidenced from study
- Proven track record in procurement activities.
- Recognised Project Management Qualification - PMI
- Experience in managing budgets and project finance
- Knowledge of the business sector and a good understanding of the technical, commercial and contractual processes involved.
- IOSH Managing Safely highly desirable
- NEBOSH General Certificate.
- Relevant business sector experience would be desirable.
As part of our commitment to improving the quality of life for our employees, Sodexo offers a Flexible Benefits Scheme, allowing you to tailor a reward package to suit your needs whichincludes a technology scheme, private dental insurance, travel insurance, gym membership, Gourmet card, private medical insurance and the ability to purchase or sell annual leave to name but a few.
We also offer Sodexo Discounts site promotingdiscounted mobile phone tariffs, savings across restaurant chains and days out, where you and your family can save money on everything from your weekly food shop to the latest cinema blockbuster.
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over 1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.