Probation Service Officer - Advertised on behalf of Cumbria and Lancashire CRC
Are you interested in working directly with service users? Are you interested in playing an important part in changing lives for a safer community?
Cumbria & Lancashire CRC are currently recruiting for a Probation Service Officer (band 3) based at Blackpool.
If you want to join an innovative, creative and high performing organisation, we offer challenging and rewarding roles and the opportunity to make a positive contribution to reducing reoffending in Cumbria & Lancashire. We offer excellent opportunities for personal and professional development and are committed to supportive induction, appraisal and supervision.
As a Probation Service Officer, you will work directly with service users managing, supervising and enforcing Court Orders and post custody license periods. You will:
- assess the risk service users pose to the public
- identify service user needs to achieve community reintegration
- monitor their progress
- help service users to achieve successful completion of court orders and post custodial supervision periods
The work also involves producing a range of documentation to a high standard as well as liaison with specialist agencies. You will coordinate activities with other functions and agencies, who are delivering work to reduce service users re-offending.
This is a varied role that will involve working within community payback, offender management and programmes.
The Ideal Candidate
- Have the ability to form constructive and appropriate relationships
- Be able to motivate people to change, often in the face of setbacks
- Be required to demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrate sound judgement, and an ability to resolve complex problems
- Have experience of working with service users
- Have the ability to be assertive when necessary and be resilient when faced with challenging behaviour and competing demands
- Be able to use a range of IT packages to keep records, make assessments and manage risk
Salary £23,268 per annum
37 hours per week, 27 days holiday + 8 bank holidays, defined contribution pension scheme, company sick pay, group discount scheme.
There is an expectation that operational staff work some evenings and weekends to enable service users to be supervised without jeopardising their employment.
About the Company
The role of Cumbria & Lancashire CRC is to rehabilitate service users, reduce reoffending and protect the public and we are one of six CRCs operated by Sodexo Justice Services in the UK. We work with service users both in the community and in custody to deliver the sentence of the court, to rehabilitate them and to provide a range of programmes and interventions to turn their lives around. We deliver effective offender management and rehabilitation services to low and medium risk service users and our highly skilled staff work in a range of disciplines to make a real difference. Our aim is to create a better future for the people we work with – service users, victims and their families and local communities. We are proud to have strong relationships with other criminal justice agencies, local authorities, health trusts, employment and training providers, and work with contracted partners to enhance delivery to our service users.
We serve the counties from the 6 major towns: Preston, Accrington, Carlisle, Barrow, Blackpool, Workington. Cumbria & Lancashire CRC is an Equal Opportunities employer. All applicants are considered on the basis of suitability for the post, irrespective of race, gender, sexual orientation, disability, age or religion.