Primary Care Clinical Manager
HMP Forest Bank are currently recruiting for a Primary Care Clinical Manager to provide day-to-day leadership and management of healthcare services and develop and maintain links with associated healthcare agencies in the local community.
HMP Forest Bank serves the courts of Greater Manchester and maintains strong links to the local community with a focus on resettlement. We aim to deliver quality of life services and support people to change their lives for the better.
Opportunities for learning and developing work-ready skills are on offer for all who come in to custody, but our commitment to reducing reoffending in local communities does not end at the prison gate. We support people released from custody through innovative partnerships in substance misuse services in Bury and Oldham, working with people to maintain recovery and lead law-abiding lives.
As well as the 16 residential units on site, there is a healthcare centre, gym, library, workshop complex, visits hall, chaplaincy and kitchen. The prison’s capacity stands at 1,460, holding adult men both on remand or sentenced and young prisoners between the ages of 18-21 years.
For more information on working in Justice within Sodexo please see Careers in Justice
- Provide day-to-day leadership and management of healthcare services, through the deployment of staff resources and to ensure delivery in accordance with contractual and professional standards.
- Develop and maintain links with associated healthcare agencies in the local community.
- Develop and maintain close partnership working relationships with all other departments within the establishment.
- Develop a process and monitoring system to ensure that all parts of the Healthcare Centre environment are maintained in a clean tidy manner and equipment is in good working order with adherence to annual testing requirements
- Provide strategic clinical management support to the Head of Healthcare.
- Provide leadership ensuring a high standard of care is delivered in accordance with clinical standards.
- Continuously review clinical standards with agreed clinical governance frameworks, policies and procedures ensuring compliance with audits and standards.
- Undertake and monitor PDR/appraisal and provide clinical supervision for staff.
- Ensure TBSR runs effectively , record and authorise annual leave for clinical staff ensuring the needs of the service are met
- Develop Health Promotion within the establishment in liaison with other departments.
- Develop and deliver an effective two-way communication structure to disseminate information between the Practice Manager and healthcare staff.
- Ability to deliver the business and people plan objectives within their designated area.
- Monitor QOF reporting and HJIP figures
- Write SOP and SLA in conjunction with external service providers.
- Manage disciplinary procedures and grievances for staff.
- Work with PHE in the management of identified disease risk within the prison
**Full job description below
The Ideal Candidate
- NMC Registered. RN (Ad) Level 1
- Meet CPD requirements and Revalidation
- Able to demonstrate track record in decision making.
- Previous senior nurse experience
- Experience of working in custodial environment
- Management course
- Experience in the management of performance measures
£42,400 to £45,700 per annum dependent on experience plus benefits including free parking, free meals on duty, pension and shopping discounts.
37.5 hours per week
About the Company
Sodexo Justice aims to change lives for the better by reducing reoffending and improving the quality of life for those under our supervision and in our care. We deliver safe, effective and innovative custodial and community rehabilitation services that challenge offending behaviour, protect the public and offer individuals the opportunity to change their lives for the better. We deliver the total operation of five prisons within the UK and own six Community Rehabilitation Companies in partnership with crime reduction charity Nacro.
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.