Post and Porterage Assistant
- Work in line with issued Risk Assessments and Safe Systems of Work.
- To be able to input and book all DHL couriers
All staff dressed in the correct PPE uniform including safety shoes
- To work as part of a team to deliver an excellent post room service
- Be able to advise the client on EU and international bookings
- Respond to email and telephone calls promptly and professionally
- Assist with any other duty as directed by management
- To be able to check if a pro forma invoice is required
- To provide client with the correct tracking details at the time of the booking
- To be able to advise client how to remove a UK duty stamp for certain country’s
- To provide the correct packaging and not to exceed weight requirements
- To include the senders name and correct code cost on all bookings
- Have the knowledge to inform the client of restricted items to different country’s
- Have the knowledge to change the terms of trading
- Be able to track and trace items
- o be able to determine and choose if DHL or Deadline courier should be booked
- If same day a booking is made with Deadline agree the price with the client before making the booking
- Address and package the item correctly
- All out going couriers to be logged on spreadsheet and drive to sign
- When receiving items in goods in check the correct name and address is visible before signing
- Log all good in onto a spreadsheet
- To assist with deliveries and obtaining a signature for proof
- To make sure that all unsecured items are locked away
- To be able to sort and deliver mail to the correct location
- To log all incoming and outgoing special and recorded delivery mail
- To be able to collect the mail from the collection points on all floors
- Frank all outgoing mail with the correct postage
- Ensure client fill out declaration for all foreign mail
- To advise client on postal restriction’s
- To use 2nd class postage unless 1st class is requested
- To obtain cost code for all large volumes of mail and special deliveries
- To report low stock level to supervisor
- To be able to assist with stationary delivery to the floors
- To maintain Health & safety policy’s at all time
- To arrive at work on time and complete the time sheets at the time of arrival
- To call the office supervisor if not attending work, No text messages are accepted
- To keep all areas of work tidy and adhere to Health and Safety No packing boxes on low levels (floor)
Accountabilities or “What you have to do”
- Undertake all allocated tasks and perform them in a timely and professional manner.
- Undertake training and appointment as a Competent Person in appropriate disciplines.
- Be proactive to identify and report faults with site equipment and take steps to resolve.
- Be proactive to ensure all H&S issues are reported/escalated as required.
- Maintain informal communications with Client staff members related to service levels and issues.
- Report service affecting issues to the site management team for formal communication with the client
- Remain flexible with regards to site attendance and tasks undertaken within personal competency.
- Be fully aware of relevant Health and Safety and general legislative matters.
- Assume responsibility for ensuring compliance with all relevant Health and Safety legislation and site specific health, safety and welfare policies.
- You must ensure that you do not act in any way that endangers your health and safety or that of others. Failure to comply with the requirements of this clause may result in disciplinary action being taken against you, which may include your dismissal or notice.
- All accidents and unsafe situations must be reported immediately and accidents recorded in the Accident Book.
- If we give you safety equipment, protective clothing or footwear you must use it. Clothing and overalls must be kept clean.
- You must attend health and safety training as instructed by your manager to ensure that risks in the workplace are reduced.
The Ideal Candidate
Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) or “What it will look like when you are doing the job well”
- All H&S requirements are undertaken.
- All of the above as necessary
- Dressed in a well presented company uniform
- Report all abnormalities to the post room supervisor
- Greet and meet the customer in a professional manor
- Reply to all Emails and phone calls promptly and professionally
- Man all the different posts around the building in line with the requirements and training received
- Maintain accurate inputting and recording.
Working with others – Works effectively as part of a team. Shares ideas and information with the team. Responds helpfully and courteously to requests for information or help in a timely manner. Communicates effectively and is a good listener. Keeps an open mind when listening to the views or ideas of others. Makes a confident contribution in all situations.
About the Company
Contextual or other information
- Training will be required to undertake certain aspects of the role
- Flexibility will be required to support other clusters and changes within the contracted BAE estate
- Travel will be required to attend other sites, frequently within the local cluster and occasionally to other clusters and for training and meetings