We currently have an opportunity for a Portering Supervisor to join our team. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
- Contribute to the delivery of a quality portering service to all patients, staff (medical and non medical) and visitors to the hospital in accordance with specification standards. Supervise and lead a team of porters ensuring that the requirements and standards laid down by the company are maintained.
- Prepare and manage staffing rosters ensuring adequate staffing levels to maintain the services standards required.
- Monitor areas of responsibility according to contractual requirements.
- Ensure appropriate levels of supplies and provisions are available within the area of responsibility.
- Identify training needs and carry out staff appraisals.
- Arrange for the repair of defective equipment or advise a member of the Hotel Services Management
- team of replacement needs.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with customers and staff ensuring their health, safety and welfare.
- Provide payroll spreadsheets for inputting of weekly payroll.
- Deal with all wage queries and provide information.
- Compile and construct risk assessments.
- Comply with trust policies and procedures.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
- The ability to monitor, develop and lead a team of people within a designated area
- Effective communication skills at all levels
- Good literacy and organisational skills
- Empathy with patients and visitors
- The ability to respond quickly to problems
- The ability to monitor performance levels at all times
- An understanding of relevant Health & Safety, employment, and other legislative requirements
- Experience of portering services within a hospital or similar environment
About the Company
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young persons and vulnerable adults. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland (Scotland).
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors.
With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.