We are currently looking to recruit a number of Porters to provide a high-quality Porter service to patients, staff and visitors, to undertake the movement of patients, equipment, documentation, food etc. in an efficient and safe manner.
You’ll maintain a clean and safe equipment and environment in accordance with the specification and be responsive to service needs as they arise, constantly seeking to improve the productivity and quality of the service. You’ll undertake necessary duties to ensure maintenance of an efficient Portering Service as directed by your Team Leader. These duties will be carried out both in patient and non-patient environments.
Sodexo Healthcare is a leading provider of services to the NHS and private healthcare organisations in England. We provide quality of life services that improve patient and staff experience, raise standards and deliver financial benefits to our clients. We help to enhance the patient environment (including patient dining, cleaning/housekeeping, retail services), provide clinical support (equipment sterilisation) and manage technical estates teams (estates management, asset management, land maintenance and energy management).
- Transfer patients in a safe and appropriate manner to and from the wards and departments via means of walking, wheelchair, trolley, or beds
- Collection and delivery of patients, furniture, air and foam mattresses, linen, medical gases, medical records, x-rays, pharmacy boxes, specimens, blood products, post, clinical and non-clinical waste, medical equipment and supplies, food and any other items, using appropriate methods of work as directed
- Collection and delivery of deceased patients to the mortuary using appropriate means of transport. Where required, prepare bodies for viewing
- Attend medical emergencies including cardiac arrests with the resus trolley / bag
- Assisting patients to be pat slid across from trolleys to the bed with assistance from the nursing staff
- Ensure correct and appropriate use of radio and other communication equipment at all times in compliance with the local guidelines and procedures
- Liaise and communicate with the Helpdesk dispatch unit maintaining professionalism at all times
- Operate in line with task timeframes as per the specification of the contract, avoiding financial penalties
The Ideal Candidate
- Manual Handling Training
- Empathy with patients and visitors
- Ability to follow instructions
- Effective communication and customer care skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to deal with stressful situations
- Intermediate literacy skills
Various shifts available
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.