At Sodexo, we are always looking to recruit talented individuals and our expert service teams are no exception.
Sodexo Healthcare are pleased to be recruiting first class Porters for a new and prestigious Private clinic near Bond Street, Central London
As a Porter you will provide a high quality service to patients, staff and visitors, to undertake the movement of patients, equipment, documentation, food etc. in an efficient and safe manner. You’ll maintain a clean and safe equipment and environment in accordance with the specification, and be responsive to service needs as they arise, constantly seeking to improve the productivity and quality of the service.
- Transfer patients in a safe and appropriate manner to and from the wards and departments via means of walking, wheelchair, trolley, or beds
- Collect and deliver patients, furniture, air and foam mattresses, linen, medical gases, medical records, x-rays, pharmacy boxes, specimens, blood products, post, clinical and non-clinical waste, medical equipment and supplies, food and any other items, using appropriate methods of work as directed
- Attend medical emergencies including cardiac arrests with the resus trolley / bag to support clinical staff
- Assist patients to be pat slid across from trolleys to the bed with assistance from the nursing staff
- Liaise and communicate with the Helpdesk dispatch unit maintaining professionalism at all times
- Operate in line with task time frames as per the specification of the contract
The Ideal Candidate
- A good understanding of manual handling (although full training will be given)
- Empathy with patients and visitors and a commitment to treat everyone with courtesy and dignity and to enhance the patient experience
- Ability to work independently, flexibly and professionally – dealing with stressful and changeable situations
- Effective communication and customer care skills
- Strong attention to detail and adherence to standards
- Intermediate literacy skills
Various shift patterns available:
- Porter: Saturday/Sunday, 07.00am – 03:00pm
- Porter: Monday - Friday – Friday, 03.00pm – 10:00pm
- Porter: Saturday/Sunday, 03:00pm – 10:00pm
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to further engage ex-forces personnel and reservists. Those applying for roles with us who meet the essential criteria advertised under the ‘ideal candidate’ on the vacancy advertised are guaranteed to progress within the selection process.