Patient Services Manager
We are currently looking to recruit an experienced Patient Services Manager to oversee the management of the full patient dining service including the provision of special dietary requirements, menu development, availability of stock, and budgetary management and accountability.
You’ll ensure standards of service detailed in the service level agreement, KPIs and within the schedules of the contractual terms and conditions are achieved, maintained and developed for assigned operational business areas, whilst contributing to the growth of all services in order to meet client and commercial expectations and maintaining strict budgetary control.
Sodexo Healthcare is a leading provider of services to the NHS and private healthcare organisations in England. We provide quality of life services that improve patient and staff experience, raise standards and deliver financial benefits to our clients. We help to enhance the patient environment (including patient dining, cleaning/housekeeping, retail services), provide clinical support (equipment sterilisation) and manage technical estates teams (estates management, asset management, land maintenance and energy management).
- Assist the General Manager to deliver budgeted profit and turnover for services and accounts
- Responsible for ensuring compliance of own team with all Company and Trust policies and procedures whilst proactively responding to prevent and deal with issues of non-conformance
- Be responsible for financial management of the allocated budget for area ensuring that stock levels, wastage and labour are effectively managed
- Liaise with dietary specialists to further enhance the patient dining offer
- Ensure achievement of high levels of client and service user satisfaction, and monitor these on regular basis
- Responsible for the recruitment of all staff members and management of direct reports
- Promote effective two way communication within all levels of staff in area
**Please see full job description attached below
The Ideal Candidate
- Proven experience of managing a diverse workforce within a service environment
- Experience of managing to budget requirements within a catering service
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with patients, visitors, colleagues, clients
- Ability to work independently, flexibly and professionally – dealing with stressful and changeable situation
- Excellent literacy and numerical skills
- NVQ Healthcare support services, BICSc, CPSS
- Qualification in Food Safety and Hygiene standards, and Health & Safety
- HND in Hotel, Catering or Institutional Management
- Previous experience working in a healthcare environment
- Experience in the training and development of staff
**Evidence of certificates or qualifications must be shown at interview stage
As part of our commitment to improving the quality of life for our employees, Sodexo offers a Flexible Benefits Scheme, allowing you to tailor a reward package to suit your needs but includes a technology scheme, private dental insurance, travel insurance, gym membership, Gourmet card, private medical insurance and the ability to purchase or sell annual leave. We also have a Sodexo Discount scheme, which offers employees and their friends and family the opportunity to benefit from over 1,200 discounts from top retailers both online and in-store.
40 hours per week to meet the needs of the business
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.