Patient Dining (Catering) Supervisor
We have identified a need for additional supervisory support at our site in Doncaster. In this role you will be expected to supervise and manage staff across both catering and retail teams, undertaking all supervisory duties.
At this site we manage both patient dining and retail operations and are looking for experienced supervisors to join our team to facilitate the smooth running of the contract.
General supervision of staff within the catering area responsible for the preparation of patient meals.
- Ensuring procedures and standards are maintained across the site in line with the contract
- Ensure equipment is maintained as per appropriate schedule
- Planning and organising of staff including completion of rotas and management of resource levels
- Ensure standards of cleaning and hygiene, food quality and customer service are maintained
- People management activity; managing absence etc.
- Any associated administrative duties
The Ideal Candidate
Although training and support will be offered our preferred candidates would be able to demonstrate:
- Previous experience in a similar role, ideally gained within a hospital environment though this is not essential.
- Strong management skills with proven ability to resource plan to meet the needs of the business
- A food hygiene qualification and knowledge of associated health and safety requirements within a catering environment.
- Excellent customer service skills, able to respond to patient and customer feedback in a proactive and professional manner.
- Familiar with cash handling techniques
- Good IT and administrative skills
up to £21,500 per annum dependent on experience
access to a wide range of employee benefits via Sodexo Perks at Work
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.