To provide silent hours staff cover within PRC (Personnel Recovery Centre). Able to act as the first point of contact for residents seeking practical help or advice and provide the first level of response to incidents within or in the immediate environs of the PRC. The Warden's objectives are to ensure the safety and wellbeing of the residents, the serviceability of the building and the maintenance of the good name of both PFI and the Ministry of Defence (MOD)
- The first point of contact for military WIS (wounded, injured and sick) resident soldiers residing in a Ministry of Defence Personnel Recovery Centre during silent hours.
- Comply fully to the shift roster, including the period of stand by, in that during that period of stand by you are to contactable and available to cover shifts as required.
- Controlling access by non residents of the facility.
- Site safety representative responsible for fire prevention, security of infrastructure, arranging for emergency maintenance and tasking of emergency services.
- Responsible for urgent referral of residents to civilian/military agencies, including liaison with NHS 24 and other non-routine or emergency services.
- Establishing and enhancing good communications with residents and military/civilian staff maintain an accurate log of events and provide a written & verbal back brief at end of duty period.
- Maintaining a spirit of community among residents, responding to residents' personal challenges and emotional issues with empathy.
- Maintaining and where possible enhancing residents' dignity, privacy, choice, safety and support, equality & diversity.
- Providing a robust yet balanced approach to ensure individual's behaviour does not adversely impact upon other residents' or adjacent facilities and occupants, e.g. through noise pollution.
The Ideal Candidate
- Experienced of working effectively as part of a team.
- The ability to provide support encouragement.
- The ability to establish good professional relationships with colleagues.
- An ability to act on their own initiative.
- SIA Licence.
- Familiar with the Armed Forces.
- Desire to work with and assist wounded, injured and sick service personnel.
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 37,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the energy, corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business