We are currently recruiting for an Overhead Accountant to join our central finance team based from offices in offices in Salford Quays. This is a very busy role within Central finance & is a great opportunity to work closely with senior managers & budget holders within Service Operations & Transversal. You will provide SG&A Accounting services across including overhead cost reduction management, management and control of Balance sheet and P&L whilst creating business partner relationships with customers and all cross functional teams
- Provide accurate and timely Management Accounts on a monthly basis to pre-determined timescales including adjustments, commentary and reporting for areas responsible for
- Produce Commentary for areas responsible for as determined by UK Reporting (e.g. Period Actual v Budget, YTD V Budget, Period V Forecast, YTD V Forecast, Period v Prior Year, YTD V Prior Year
- Produce budgets and forecasts for areas responsible for including commentary on movements.
- Produce robust Balance Sheet reconciliations to ensure compliant with UK Accounting Policies and audit.
- Build and maintain relationships with budget holders and senior managers, including Service Ops FD through regular reviews to aid and increase understanding of their business areas and make challenges where appropriate
The Ideal Candidate
- Management Accounting Experience – managing cost centres through month end including accruals, prepayments and journals
- Reporting of monthly numbers including production of packs (cost centres and consolidations), commentary and analysis
- Willingness to take ownership of numbers and ability to manage own workload
- Experience and confidence to build and maintain relationships with finance and non-finance colleagues alike – with the ability to communicate financial information in a way that can be understood by all.
- Ability to deliver in a volume driven environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the confidence to deal with people at different levels throughout the business
- Flexible approach and adaptable to a changing working environment.
- Organised and methodical
- Demonstrates initiative and anticipates needs of the business
- Good excel skills
- CIMA / ACCA Finalist
- SAP / Essbase (desirable)
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.