Operations Manager – Estates (Hard FM)
Sodexo Healthcare are currently looking to recruit an experienced Operations Manager to oversee the delivery of the Estates Maintenance Service at The County Hospital, Hereford in accordance with the Service Provider Agreement (PFI).
You’ll encompass all aspects of estates maintenance, including programmed and reactive maintenance, utilising both in house and outsourced resource, to deliver services that comply with best practice, mandatory and statutory requirements, contractual obligations and corporate governance.
Sodexo Healthcare is a leading provider of services to the NHS and private healthcare organisations in England. We provide quality of life services that improve patient and staff experience, raise standards and deliver financial benefits to our clients. We help to enhance the patient environment (including patient dining, cleaning/housekeeping, retail services), provide clinical support (equipment sterilisation) and manage technical estates teams (estates management, asset management, land maintenance and energy management).
- Management of the technical engineering team, including but not limited to: labour management (including resourcing of shift and on call); ensuring employees adhere to the Sodexo Code of Conduct at all times; and management of disciplinary issues
- Delivery of the Estates Maintenance Service, including programmed and reactive maintenance, in accordance with the Output Specification
- Duty Holder in applicable technical disciplines, for example, Responsible Person, Authorised Person, Competent Person
- Assist in the preparation and delivery of Access Plans, Planned Maintenance Programmes and Lifecycle Plans in accordance with contractual timescales
- Ensure compliance with relevant statutory, mandatory and contractual obligations in the delivery of the Estates Maintenance Service. Evidential documentation in support of compliance to be managed and available to satisfy audit requirements
- Ensure application of, and adherence to, the Permit to Work system
- Management and monitoring of specialist sub-contractors, ensuring use of approved suppliers; review of sub-contracts, ensuring a defined specification/scope of works is included as a minimum; ensuring due diligence is undertaken as required; and the provision of feedback on supplier performance to the Senior Operations Manager
- Monitoring of estates maintenance activities, identifying, managing and closing actions as required
- Establishment and maintenance of effective communications and working relationships
- Collaboration and liaising with the Projects team to deliver Change Notice and Lifecycle requirements, including: identification and reporting of items requiring cyclical replacement; the provision of maintenance records, service reports, etc, in support of lifecycle applications; the provision of cost data for change and lifecycle works; and assistance to ensure the efficient execution of project works as required
- Assist in budgetary control, including the recovery of rechargeable services/works, and to ensure potential deduction risks are managed
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience within the healthcare sector, including working knowledge of applicable HTM and HBN
- Duty Holder experience, for example, authorised person/competent person in applicable disciplines
- Relevant engineering qualification and experience
- Articulate and confident communicator (both verbal and written), with the ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships
- Proven experience in line management experience.
As part of our commitment to improving the quality of life for our employees, Sodexo offers a Flexible Benefits Scheme, allowing you to tailor a reward package to suit your needs but includes a technology scheme, private dental insurance, travel insurance, gym membership, Gourmet card, private medical insurance and the ability to purchase or sell annual leave. We also have a Sodexo Discount scheme, which offers employees and their friends and family the opportunity to benefit from over 1,200 discounts from top retailers both online and in-store.
40 hours per week – on call rota - to cover the needs of the business
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.