Operational Excellence Manager
Sodexo are currently recruiting for a number of brand new opportunities due to growth in our Corporate Services segment. Sodexo is the 19th largest employer worldwide, operating in 80 countries and employing 427,000 employees worldwide, we are the leader in Quality of Life services. Sodexo is not only a growth company; it is also a people-oriented company that places quality of life of its 100 million consumers at the center of its mission. Join our teams and experience their passion and the unique Sodexo spirit!
Are you interested in providing a fantastic service, do you have experience in a Chef role with a formal qualification? Sodexo are recruiting for an Operational Excellence Manager to drive food and operational excellence into our sites in Waterford, Kilkenny and Wexford areas in the Republic of Ireland.
The Operational Excellence Manager would need experience in providing high end quality customer service and products, it is essential for you to have experience within the hospitality and catering industries in order to apply your knowledge to raise brand standard and drive innovation.
This is a fantastic role for someone with great leadership behaviours, influencing skills as well as experience of managing teams and motivation.
If you would like more information to understand what it is like to work for Sodexo and a career in Corporate Services, please follow the link below;
- To liaise with the ROI Account Managers, Sodexo Site Managers and Account Director to ensure that the business delivers the standards required
- Be responsible for driving efficiency into all the sites
- Deliver commitments in accordance with Sodexo expectations
- Continually bring added value to the contracts though innovation and pro-activeness.
- Provide support and input to the bid process for new business and re-tenders
- Provide solutions to operational challenges
- Support new business mobilisations
- Provide support to Account/District managers and Unit Business Managers across the sites
- Work with the management and marketing teams to ensure that food offers remain innovative, in line with market trends and that the right solutions are in place
- Work with the business managers to ensure they deliver consistent quality food and customer service standards to the agreed contract specification and requirements as measured by both qualitative and financial targets.
- Carry out unit audits to measure progress in line with the Company’s laid down requirements
- Have a passion for delivering excellence through understanding the Sodexo values and brand standards and ensure these are delivered across the business.
- Foster positive working relationships with managers and clients across the business to ensure effective team dynamics and resource efficiencies as well as consistency for customer
- Participate in training staff to ensure that they are trained in all legal/statutory aspects, Company policies and procedures and in the delivery of a customer focussed service.
- Create a culture where continual improvement is actively encouraged and recognised
- Work with the Account Director and Account Managers to deliver budget commitments across the business
- Participate in goal and objective setting for the site managers in consultation with Account Man-agers
- Ensure all reporting is timely and accurate
- Drive revenue opportunities i.e. new business, additional services via organic growth, cash sales and labour efficiencies to maximise gross operating profit.
- Play a key part in the contract bid process for both new business and re-tenders for existing business
- Manage new contract mobilisations through to handover to Account Manager
- Compile proposals and recommendations to improve operations
- Review customer satisfaction results and work with the Account Managers and Unit Business Managers to implement actions to improve levels of service as appropriate
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience of providing ‘high-end’ quality in customer service and products
- Experience of delivering hands on operational support in the hospitality industry and good knowledge of the catering industry, brand standards and innovations.
- Lean sigma operating background
- Excellent communicator and motivator
- Strong financial understanding and demonstrable budgeting management
- IT Skills
- Experience of customer service training and working with brand standards
- Multi-site management skills
- Energetic, forward thinking
This role has a salary of €40,000 - €45,000 dependant on experience with an array of benefits including retailer discount schemes, annual leave and pension. This is a Monday to Friday role, 39 hours per week.
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process