Sodexo Energy & Resources has an exciting opportunity for a Handyman/Steward to join our offshore team.
As an integral member of the COTA team, you must contribute to the provision of handyman services adhering to health and safety guidelines at all times including all regulations for maintenance work.
- By utilizing resources available, work as effectively and efficiently as possible to ensure the service is provided to the agreed standards
- Ensure deep cleaning programme is in place and adhere to it
- Notify line supervisor of any defects or maintenance requirements within areas of responsibility
- Maintain accommodation areas in a clean and sanitary condition at all times
- Cleaning, buffering, hoovering, sweeping and washing floors, walls and ceilings to be carried out in accordance with company procedures and safe systems of work to the contract specified standard, and recorded in the cleaning schedules
- Ensure all laundry is done to clients satisfaction and contract specification
- Ensure chemical store is kept clean and tidy
- Accompany supervisor on daily and weekly inspections of areas of your responsibility
- Assist in unloading containers
- Ensure all duties and responsibilities are undertaken in full compliance of the Health and Safety at Work Act
- Report all accidents and injuries
- Report any incident of fire, loss, damage, unfit food, and other irregularities and take such action as may be appropriate
- Embrace industry training and development and culture by:
- Attending Client and Company training courses as deemed necessary
- Fully support and participate in all Client and Company safety initiatives
- All training initiatives which are identified are delivered to maintain the existing safe working practices and environment
- Carry out joinery and glazing duties, painting and decorating, plumbing, electrical maintenance duties as required
- Carry out safety inspections as required
- Carry out general maintenance as required
- Sourcing & ordering of spare parts & equipment
- Carry out additional duties and any other tasks within your competency, such as the unloading of containers, which form part of the company service to the customer, as requested by the manager
Responsibility for the work of others
- Guidance and support to third party contractors
- Health and Safety, and hygiene standards
- Guidance and support to 3rd party contractors
Responsibility for machinery/equipment/materials/consumables
- Ensure correct use, safe operations and keeping clean and hygienic
- Basic maintenance and preparation for use
- Knowledge and competency in the use of cleaning materials and chemicals as approved under COSHH regulations ensuring, at all times, that all chemicals are stored correctly according to COSHH regulations
- Working knowledge of Company/Client Safety Management Policy
- SSOW and COSHH
- Participate in periodical inspections and contribute to the process of identifying and implementing improvements
- Plan work schedule with regards to maintenance procedures
- Identify personal training needs
- Take personal responsibility for closing identified development gaps and future requirements
- Personal competencies are known, understood, adhered to and updated on an ongoing basis
- Ensure the personal working hygiene standards meet both the company and statutory requirements
Communication/Contact with others
- Communicate with colleagues and supervisors with regard to routine information
- Report any customer complaints immediately and take the necessary action if appropriate
- Communicate with external vendors
The Ideal Candidate
- BOSIET or FOET
- OGUK Medical
- Ability to demonstrate competence or informal training in at least one trade (e.g. joinery, plumbing, electrical, etc.)
- Minimum one years work related experience
- Basic hygiene certificate
COTA Grade D package.
We also offer Sodexo Discounts promoting discounted mobile phone tariffs, savings across restaurant chains and days out, where you and your family can save money on everything from your weekly shop to the latest cinema blockbuster.
About the Company
Sodexos Energy & Resources team serves clients across specialist industries: oil & gas; mining and engineering; construction plus other energy sectors.
We have a dedicated team of 1,400 employees working at over 80 sites in the UK & Ireland region - often in isolated locations both on and offshore.
We deliver more than 100 services to clients, including design, construction and administration, light and technical maintenance, security, waste management, food services, sport and cultural activities, wellness and motivational programs and more.
At Sodexo we are committed to a leading role in promoting equality opportunities and valuing diversity and inclusion. We seek to create a work environment based on mutual respect for all individuals, building a culture that appreciates and values the experiences and skills brought by each person to benefit our organisation and work hard to ensure that all people, whatever their age, disability, gender, transgender, marital or family status, race or ethnicity, religious belief of sexual orientation are welcome to and included within our business.
All onshore and offshore operations are coordinated from our Energy & Resources segment headquarters in Aberdeen, Scotland.