Offshore Chef Manager
Due to continued growth, Sodexo has an exciting opportunity for 4 Offshore Chef Managers to work on our client installations in the North Sea.
As the leader of your own team you will drive excellence in the provision of quality laundry, accommodation, mess room and janitorial services whilst adhering to health & safety policies at all times.
So, if you want to work for an exciting and diverse company, apply today!
- Ensure all duties and responsibilities are undertaken in full compliance of the health and safety at work act, all other applicable regulations and all industry standards and guidance notes
- All food to be prepared and cooked off to the agreed standards in the agreed amounts and passed to hot press as requested
- Ensure that standards relating to food and cleaning service are maintained at all times, strict attention is paid to the requirement of the food safety act (particularly undertaking and recording of temperature controls and overall food hygiene)
- Ensure specific menu planning requirements are adhered to and standards relating to food and cleaning service are maintained at all times
- Ensure the ordering of foodstuffs and the prompt service of all meals at required times to Company and client specifications
- As required, undertake baking and butchery to the appropriate standards
- Ensure that personal working hygiene standards and those of staff for whom you are responsible meet both the company and statutory requirements
- Ensure budget requirements are adhered to and the efficient use of all resources is achieved, this can include; managing and rotating stock to ensure food safety and minimum wastage and achievement of contract food costs, managing galley cleaning rotas, menu compilation and galley waste segregation
- Ensure all catering equipment is operated and maintained in a safe and clean manner and report any defects
- Report any incident of fire, loss, damage unfit food and other irregularities or contract deviations and take such corrective action as may be delegated
- Attend any meetings and/or training courses as may be necessary
- Attend client and Company training courses as deemed necessary
- Fully support and participate in all client and company Safety Initiatives
- Identify personal training requirements
- Taking personal responsibility for closing identified development gaps and future requirements
- Carry out any additional duties and any other tasks as requested, which are within your competency and which form part of the service to the client, such as the unloading of containers
- Fully support and participate in all client and Sodexo safety initiatives.
- Attend quarterly HS&E onshore meetings as and when necessary.
- Personal competencies are known, understood, adhered to and updated on an ongoing basis. Produce a personal safety contract.
- All members of the team embrace Sodexo and client’s health and safety procedures and these are known, understood and adhered to and all change processes are managed effectively.
- As the focal point for the team that a lead by example culture is adopted including all reporting mechanisms
The Ideal Candidate
Some things we need you to have...
- A great attitude and willingness to learn new skills in a fast paced environment
- Great communication and team work skills
- A passion for delivering outstanding customer service
- Experience as an Offshore Chef Manager or you could have strong chef experience and you're looking for the next step in your career
- BOSIET or FOET
- OGUK Medical
Ideally, you will also have...
- IOSH Managing Safely and Food Hygiene and Safety certificate (RIPHH or REHIS)
- City & Guilds 706/1 and 2 or equivalent
- Offshore First Aid Certificate
- The ability to manage teams whilst maintaining and increasing our scope for growth
- The ability to manage significant financial budgets
You should also be aware...
- This role involves working away from home for extended periods of time.
- Sometimes, you may be asked to extend your trip beyond what was originally planned.
- Experience of Heli-Admin with relevant certificates is advantageous (CAA, GMDSS-GOC, Dangerous Goods by Air, Vantage, Met Observer)
- Competitive annual salary
- Fixed term contract, after which a review will take place which may lead to extension of your contract.
About the Company
Sodexo’s Energy & Resources team serves clients across specialist industries: oil & gas; mining and engineering; construction plus other energy sectors.
We have a dedicated team of 1,400 employees working at over 80 sites in the UK & Ireland region - often in isolated locations both on and offshore.
We deliver more than 100 services to clients, including design, construction and administration, light and technical maintenance, security, waste management, food services, sport and cultural activities, wellness and motivational programs and more.
At Sodexo we are committed to a leading role in promoting equality opportunities and valuing diversity and inclusion. We seek to create a work environment based on mutual respect for all individuals, building a culture that appreciates and values the experiences and skills brought by each person to benefit our organisation and work hard to ensure that all people, whatever their age, disability, gender, transgender, marital or family status, race or ethnicity, religious belief of sexual orientation are welcome to and included within our business.
All onshore and offshore operations are coordinated from our Energy & Resources segment headquarters in Aberdeen, Scotland.