Sodexo Energy & Resources has an exciting opportunity for a Night Porter to join a private, corporate hotel operated on behalf of our client.
- To meet and greet all Woodbank users ensuring they are validated in accordance with current Shell security and Licensing Law procedures including registration of visitors, subcontractors, etc.
- To register hotel guests and provide them with guidance on the facilities and services.
- To check in and out hotel guests and complete any billing processes as required.
- To prepare reports, check out information, guest information and any other required documents.
- To respond in a timely and courteous manner to all incoming telephone calls, directing customers and queries as appropriate.
- To carry out hygiene tasks as required during the night shift to maintain a high standard of cleanliness at all times in areas as specified in the daily checklist and requested by Line Manager.
- To manage the set up and preparation of any meeting room space overnight as required.
- To act as Emergency Coordinator in the event of any emergency exercise or actual event during shift.
- To ensure that all maintenance/FM service requests are properly recorded and escalated.
- Responsible for providing initial response to customer feedback, re-directing and/or reporting accordingly.
- Ownership of the Reception and associated front of house area (Study and Conservatory) environment ensuring it is properly equipped, furnished and maintained at all times.
- Act at all times in accordance with Shell and Sodexo policies and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with Shell and Sodexo specific requirements e.g. Code of Conduct, Conflict of Interest.
- Identification of opportunities for service improvement or development within the conference environment
- To ensure you meet Sodexo and Shell’s legal regulations on health and safety, food safety, hygiene and the environment.
- Embrace and grow a ‘zero accidents culture’ by ensuring the accurate reporting of near misses and accidents as well as reporting any equipment defects to your line manager in line with company procedure
- Ensure all company documents are completed with integrity and that due diligence is practiced at all time.
- Continue to develop one’s own skills and knowledge within the position
- Able to work on own initiative.
- A positive working relationship with the client is evident
- Maintain levels of quality, cleanliness, food safety and hygiene in line with company SEMS, Safeguard and local authority regulations i.e. EHO, HSE
- Any other reasonable request as directed by the management
The Ideal Candidate
Competitive hourly rate + benefits.
About the Company
Sodexo’s Energy & Resources team serves clients across specialist industries: oil & gas; mining and engineering; construction plus other energy sectors.
We have a dedicated team of 1,400 employees working at over 80 sites in the UK & Ireland region - often in isolated locations both on and offshore.
We deliver more than 100 services to clients, including design, construction and administration, light and technical maintenance, security, waste management, food services, sport and cultural activities, wellness and motivational programs and more.
At Sodexo we are committed to a leading role in promoting equality opportunities and valuing diversity and inclusion. We seek to create a work environment based on mutual respect for all individuals, building a culture that appreciates and values the experiences and skills brought by each person to benefit our organisation and work hard to ensure that all people, whatever their age, disability, gender, transgender, marital or family status, race or ethnicity, religious belief of sexual orientation are welcome to and included within our business.
All onshore and offshore operations are coordinated from our Energy & Resources segment headquarters in Aberdeen, Scotland.