Night Cook Baker
- Managing and rotating stock to ensure minimum wastage and achievement of contract food costs
- Ensuring the standards relating to food and cleaning service are maintained at all times
- Investigate and report customer complaints immediately and take the agreed corrective action
- Assist head chef/chef manager in ensuring that any duties carried out under their control are done so safely
- Ensure all catering equipment is operated and maintained in a safe and clean manner
- Ensure all duties and responsibilities are undertaken in full compliance of the Health and Safety at Work Act
- Report any incident of fire, loss, damage unfit food and other irregularities or contract deviations and take corrective action
- Assist Head chef/chef manager with environmental objectives
- Assist head chef/chef manager in ensuring catering budgeting requirements are consistently adhered to and the efficient use of all resources
The Ideal Candidate
- The successful candidate will hold City and Guilds (or equivalent) 706/1 and 706/2, basic food hygiene certificates and a Bakery qualification
- Experience in a similar position offshore is desirable but not essential as long as the candidate has their baking qualifications and similar experience onshore
- Certificate in Food Hygiene and handling of food (REHIS) Mandatory
- The candidate will be expected to actively demonstrate role model attitudes and behaviours by displaying an approachable, friendly and helpful manner to colleagues and customers alike
We also offer Sodexo Discounts site promoting discounted mobile phone tariffs, savings across restaurant chains and days out, where you and your family can save money on everything from your weekly food shop to the latest cinema blockbuster and much more.
About the Company
Sodexo’s Energy & Resources team serves clients across specialist industries: oil & gas; mining and engineering; construction plus other energy sectors.
We have a dedicated team of 1,400 employees working at over 80 sites in the UK & Ireland region - often in isolated locations both on and offshore.
We deliver more than 100 services to clients, including design, construction and administration, light and technical maintenance, security, waste management, food services, sport and cultural activities, wellness and motivational programs and more.
At Sodexo we are committed to a leading role in promoting equality opportunities and valuing diversity and inclusion. We seek to create a work environment based on mutual respect for all individuals, building a culture that appreciates and values the experiences and skills brought by each person to benefit our organisation and work hard to ensure that all people, whatever their age, disability, gender, transgender, marital or family status, race or ethnicity, religious belief of sexual orientation are welcome to and included within our business.
All onshore and offshore operations are coordinated from our Energy & Resources segment headquarters in Aberdeen, Scotland.