We are currently looking to recruit a multi-skilled Engineer to provide technical expertise across our contract with Exeter Schools. Exeter Schools is a PFI contract made up of 6 schools located within close proximity and in this role, you will operate across the schools with regard to planned and reactive maintenance, M&E and projects ensuring high levels of compliance and health & safety.
This position will suit a multi-skilled professional who is a practical thinker with good attention to detail and strong interpersonal skills.
Please note, you will be required to undertake the role within a weekly rotating early/late shift system and be prepared to assume on call responsibilities every 1 in 4 weeks.
- Carry out and oversee the day to day operation which includes planned maintenance, fault finding and repair, periodic inspections and testing of the complete spectrum of services found in a building services environment which include:
- LV Sub Station Distribution and associated Electrical Systems
- HVAC systems
- Water Systems and Distribution
- Sanitary fittings
- Building Management Systems (BMS)
- Boiler Controls and associated equipment\services
- Fire Alarm Systems
- Building Fabric and Structure
- Ensure that corrective maintenance and reactive works are carried out within the priority timescales
- Ensure that work is carried out in accordance with legislation, codes of practice, manufacturer’s recommendations, HSE recommendations and meets prescribed standards in the contract
- Work with contract operational and administrative staff to ensure Hard Service tasks are completed and reported effectively
- Take direction and receipt of planned or reactive workloads from the Hard Services Managers or Helpdesk for completion
The Ideal Candidate
- Demonstrable experience as an Engineer in a similar role
- Experience of working within a Building Maintenance organisation
- Ability to Multi-task across mechanical, electrical and building disciplines at a basic level
- Qualification in either Mechanical or Electrical Building Services and good working knowledge of the other.
- Good organisational skills with the ability to organise others
- Analyse and provide technical advice and solutions
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Prioritise workload and working under own initiative with minimal supervision
- Must hold UK driving licence
As part of our commitment to improving the quality of life for our employees, Sodexo offers a Flexible Benefits Scheme, allowing you to tailor a reward package to suit your needs but includes a technology scheme, private dental insurance, travel insurance, gym membership, Gourmet card, private medical insurance and the ability to purchase or sell annual leave. We also have a Sodexo Discount scheme, which offers employees and their friends and family the opportunity to benefit from over 1,200 discounts from top retailers both online and in-store.
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.